Recently backed the Xpuff - Microphone cover for iPhones
  • jackbrodman
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Recently backed the Xpuff - Microphone cover for iPhones

by jackbrodman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi everyone!

I've recently backed the "xpuff". I'm a bike enthusiast, and I usually take my bicycle to work. Since I live in a really windy city, talking on the phone is really a problem with the wind. That's mostly why I backed these guys.

This is a product only for Apple headset users though. Their product is only made to support the EarPods made by Apple for their devices (I believe this is more oriented for iPhone users though).

Their cover is applied over the microphone with the volume control on the headset, and it filters the wind, impact, and shock noises from passing on to the phone call (or whatever you're doing voice-wise).

This is their description of the project:

"Microphone Wind Cover for iPhone Headsets - xpuff

Xpuff eliminates wind, scratch and impact noises from your phone conversations. Bid farewell to can you hear me’s!"

Project Link on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1850972797/microphone-wind-cover-for-iphone-headsets-xpuff

They're halfway now, and this seems like a useful product, so hopefully this will help them a bit.

• kspro
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Recently backed the Xpuff - Microphone cover for iPhones

by kspro » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:29 pm

I think this will be the first item I back, I usually wait for a product to get to production stages, however launching an indigogo myself, i felt i should take a leap of faith myself
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by jassiet.ross » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:43 am

Thanks for sharing this! The xpuff sounds like a game-changer, especially for us bike enthusiasts battling the wind while on calls. I can definitely relate to the struggle of wind noise making phone conversations difficult. It’s great to see innovative solutions like this targeting specific problems.

I’m curious—how well do you think it’ll hold up in different weather conditions, or if it might impact the overall sound quality in other ways? I’m considering backing it myself, but would love to hear more about its real-world performance if anyone else has had a chance to test it out.

Appreciate the info and the link to the Kickstarter page!
  • MonaP
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MonaP » Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Hey, thanks for sharing this! As someone who also bikes a lot, I can totally relate to the wind issue. It’s such a struggle trying to have a conversation on the go, especially when the wind kicks in. The xpuff sounds like a game-changer for people like us. I like that it's designed specifically for the Apple headsets – the noise cancellation idea is pretty neat. I’m definitely going to check out the Kickstarter, especially since they’re already halfway there. Thanks again for the heads-up, and hope it works out for you!