Real Crowdfunding Marketing Service Review (screenshots etc)
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Real Crowdfunding Marketing Service Review (screenshots etc)

by lowkey » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Been through the whole forum to no avail. I've seen some good feedbacks related to few companies but heck, words are cheap. As a campaign owner myself, we cant judge according to these feedbacks. Some of them might get paid by the said marketing company to endorse them, and give bad feedbacks about the other.

I would love to see some screenshots, because I believe these marketing agencies have their own short links to refer their contribution to your project. So do you mind sharing some shots on how the company works with you, how efficient they can be and is it relevant with all projects or some agencies do best with tech products while the others do well in apparel?
    -- I made another two topic on separate categories for this because somehow all crowdfunding marketing agencies seems to "missed" this topic. So I here I am.

Because we know for a fact that these agencies have their own niche. Lets say they did very well with a project doing sunglasses, they have their own database and mail leads for new clients with similar products. Now, what happen when you give them a tech campaign to run? Nothing. Because they have leads to those who love to spend on sunglasses, shirts etc but not strong enough to purchase your tech product.

Lets see if we can hustle and collect the real data. I am talking about numbers, screenshots, mentions on blogs, connections etc. Help the others, help me from wasting $9000 down the drain, or maybe $3,500 down the drain, or maybe $396 down the drain, or maybe $499 down the drain.

Sounds familiar? Lets do this.

P/S: If you represent any marketing agencies, please dont bother explaining how you are the one to do the job by offering good connections with influencer, past project results without any evidence to support them and how you stand out from the others. Some project succeed because they get mentioned by Mashable/engadged/thenextweeb because the editors pick'em up from the crowdfunding site themselves and the marketing agencies simply play along as they were the one who get them featured. We need EVIDENCE.

Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Real Crowdfunding Marketing Service Review (screenshots

by Cristina » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:19 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    Ignitecfp
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ignitecfp » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi lowkey,

So I think I may speak for a few others on these forums when I say that I am slightly confused about what exactly you would like to see.
    I work for a global creative agency that specializes in crowdfunding campaigns. I can post a few links for you that may qualify as "evidence" for what you are looking for.

What I don't believe would be appropriate is for me to reveal private email conversations or analytic data that relates to some of our clients campaigns.

Learn more about Ignite HERE

Recent Techcrunch Article

I do not have any contacts at TechCrunch and the article was picked up by the publication following the ending of the campaign's Kickstarter.

Campaigns with good ideas and good stories make for better pitches, and not all of our campaigns are lucky enough to be featured in publications like Techcrunch. (I wish they were)

If you think you can find the "right" marketing company that will simply use their connections to get whatever idea you want featured in a popular publication, I'm sorry but that isn't how it works. Most popular blogs are overloaded with pitches for random startups all day long. They pick the cream of the crop that identifies with their audience.
    Some agencies may have their own publications and blogs, ours is CrowdFundingHeadlines but if we featured all of our clients here all the time, the blog would lose its legitimacy.

I agree you should be careful about throwing your money away trying to get media attention. Sal has a lot of great advice on some free press release websites (spray and pray PR), and other articles that are very useful. Subscribe to his newsletter and check out some of his blog posts, hope they can help.

GL with your media coverage.
  • jsmizzal14
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jsmizzal14 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:05 am

Lowkey

"What I don't believe would be appropriate is for me to reveal private email conversations or analytic data that relates to some of our clients campaigns."

What Ignitecfp is saying here is that he hasn't had any success with campaigns so he doesn't have any case studies to present. Read his post on Specter and working with Funded Today. He asserts that they caused 10k to be withdrawn at the end of a campaign when it was he himself that withdrew the money.

This platform is full of frauds. Good luck finding someone authentic.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:23 am

Ignitecfp wrote:Hi lowkey,

So I think I may speak for a few others on these forums when I say that I am slightly confused about what exactly you would like to see.
    I work for a global creative agency that specializes in crowdfunding campaigns. I can post a few links for you that may qualify as "evidence" for what you are looking for.

What I don't believe would be appropriate is for me to reveal private email conversations or analytic data that relates to some of our clients campaigns.

Learn more about Ignite HERE

Recent Techcrunch Article

I do not have any contacts at TechCrunch and the article was picked up by the publication following the ending of the campaign's Kickstarter.

Campaigns with good ideas and good stories make for better pitches, and not all of our campaigns are lucky enough to be featured in publications like Techcrunch. (I wish they were)

If you think you can find the "right" marketing company that will simply use their connections to get whatever idea you want featured in a popular publication, I'm sorry but that isn't how it works. Most popular blogs are overloaded with pitches for random startups all day long. They pick the cream of the crop that identifies with their audience.
    Some agencies may have their own publications and blogs, ours is CrowdFundingHeadlines but if we featured all of our clients here all the time, the blog would lose its legitimacy.

I agree you should be careful about throwing your money away trying to get media attention. Sal has a lot of great advice on some free press release websites (spray and pray PR), and other articles that are very useful. Subscribe to his newsletter and check out some of his blog posts, hope they can help.

GL with your media coverage.

erm.. i am sorry but i'll be direct here, most agencies claim they did this and that.

and the funny part is, when a project reach 7 figures for crowdfunding, somehow theres two agencies claimed to be the reason behind it. which one should we, campaign owners believe? the one with proofs of course. so lets say a project gained a million after 35 days, can we simply see the referral link related to the contribution made into the project?

thats how easy things should be for us to decide the best pr agencies for our campaign.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • jsmizzal14
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jsmizzal14 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:40 am

Ignitecfp,

You continue to dodge lokey's question. Post something that substantiates your claim that your global creative agency is any good. Show a kicktraq of when you came on a project and how the dynamics of the project changed. You claim that you can't reveal analytic data for "some" of your client's campaigns. Some doesn't mean "all of the campaigns" your global creative agency has worked with. Surely you have one (1) example where your agency came on a project and made an impact. Instead of bashing others in this forum like Funded Today, perhaps you should provide good people like lokey with what you have actually done. You can't is what it comes down to.

I am reminded of a quote: When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth just like you did.

It certainly appears that you are just on this platform to spread toxin. Perhaps you can provide one example of a campaign you and your global creative agency worked on to prove me wrong.
    Ignitecfp
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ignitecfp » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Hey everyone,

I wanted to provide a quick follow up to this post that may clear up some of the misunderstandings a few of you seem to have.

Ignite does not claim to be responsible for any amount of growth earned by a crowdfunding campaign. We receive submissions every day for hundreds of new ideas that people want to crowdfund, and we turn down 95% of them. The base of a crowd funding campaign is a good idea, and if we do not feel that Ignite can run a successful campaign for a project, we will not claim that we can.

It would be difficult to prove that any certain amount of pledges on a campaign are attributed to our work, because we are the ones that create the kick-starter page and all of the content in the first place. Videos, images, product information, and social media and online presence are all aspects that we manage for a campaign. We will not pick a campaign up half way through and claim that we can save it. ( I think that this is a common misconception)

If you would like to know more about campaigns the we have done, or if you are interested in finding out what we can do for your campaign idea, head over to http://ignitecfp.com/

I hope this clears things up a bit. I am glad to see that these forums are full of people vigilante enough to be weary of various companies that claim they can make the stars align for your crowdfunding campaign.