Yeoman Gear: Yoga Gear for Men and people who are not tiny)
  • tomnardone206
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Yeoman Gear: Yoga Gear for Men and people who are not tiny)

by tomnardone206 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Tom and I just pushed the launch button on my Kickstarter project Yeoman Gear.

Yeoman Gear is yoga gear for men and for people who are unhappy with the small size of other yoga gear. I know this sounds a little like a no-brainer product, but it there are very few solutions for guys that aren't really expensive.

Yeoman great is a great solution for guys that do yoga and the pricing is really attractive. Our mat is just $39 and our entire kit is $69.

[url]Here is a link: http://www.YeomanGear.com/kickstarter[/url]

I'll keep you informed on our progress on this post. So far we launched an hour ago and have 2 pledges already. I haven't even posted it to my Facebook yet. Exciting stuff!

• tomnardone206
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Yeoman Gear: Yoga Gear for Men and people who are not ti

by tomnardone206 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Two hours in and we have 5 pledges. Four are from friends and family and one is from someone I don't know! That's pretty exciting. I've just started sharing it around, so I'm happy so far.
  • tomnardone206
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomnardone206 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Five hours in and the spam messages have started flowing. By the 6th hour I have received three.
  • tomnardone206
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomnardone206 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:16 am

Now I have decided to make a blog of this. Honestly, I have no outlet for all of the data that I want to talk about, so I am aimlessly typing it here. It is nervous energy. I apologize for clogging up the board with it.

We are 12 hours in, we have 9 backers and $478. That is 1/6th of our total goal.

Of the 9 backers 6 are people that I know.
  • tomnardone206
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomnardone206 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Now we are 24 hours in and we have 12 backers for $653. I think we are doing well and more than 20% of the way there.

Before the launch, I tried to contact press related to my project.
    I also created a Facebook page and ran some ads to get fans and such.
    Yesterday I bothered my personal contacts on Facebook and such.
    Today I am starting to do some outside marketing. (BackerClub, TGF)
    Tomorrow I am going to message past backers of my other Kickstarters

I also wrote an update last night and personally have messaged every backer to say thanks.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:38 am

Hi Tom!

I saw the campaign, the video comes across as being friendly and fun and I sat through it without getting bored.

I feel the problem is, the points you mentioned in the video don't come across on the actual page. A couple of diagrams of sizes and features would work really well.

Also do you have other photos of you doing yoga in say yoga halls? I like the colourful scenery but also reminds me of crack dens too, which I wouldn't want to associate with your product.

Yes you need to get the word out more, I agree TGF may help (although they're into tech), BackerClub I don't rate at all plus you could consider us at Hyperstarter, I've got some great references on this site and with other campaigns I worked on.

I think you should look at related yoga forums, yoga influencers and sites to start with. If you need any help, feel free to get in touch: http://www.hyperstarter.com/contact
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • tomnardone206
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomnardone206 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:26 am

Thanks for the advice Hyperstarter.

Your advice about the infographics is great. I can work on that and update them at any time, so I'm excited to have something positive to do to the campaign.

I wish I could hire you, but I've blown my budget. Our goal is $2,850, but I figured we might raise $5,000 and our business model allocated 20% for marketing. I've already spent the $1,000. I will probably do more Kickstarters in the future (this is my 4th) and I will look into your offering next time.

As for reaching out to fitness and yoga influencers, we started that process before launch and actually have a couple of placements that will strike during the campaign. Woot!

Thanks again.

Update: We crossed $1,000.
    Today we were featured in a BackerClub email blast. It hit at about 4PM EST and so far we have two backers for $127 from it. Most of today's backers (all but one actually) were not my friends and family, so that is really great. I was nervous we would drop to $0 once we went outside F&F, but some people actually like our project.

Tonight I am working on more press release send-outs.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:41 am

Yeah the Yeoman is probably the one I could of helped more with, I like the novelty of the Bullet Proof Cap but might be hard to make the sales.

Feel free to get in touch anyway, as might be able to give you a few hours instead of a couple of days or weeks - if that's more in your budget range.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • tomnardone206
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomnardone206 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:24 am

Hey everyone! We did it. We made our goal after 11 days. I'm pretty excited. I can share what we did if you like. I can also share some dashboard information.

1. Before the launch we built a Facebook page and a website. The website also included a redirect URL to track the response to our press releases and stuff like that using Google analytics. Cost: $30 and about 4 hours worth of time.
    2. We started advertising the Facebook page to get likes. Cost: $22. At launch we had 280 likes of which 250 were my friends and the 30 cost us $22.
    3. At launch we did a press release and used CrowdFundingPR.org, $49 (zero inquiries from reporters, but the release was posted on a bunch of sites). The report they sent looked great, but I can attribute it to any sales or even any traffic.
    4. We joined BackerClub.co, TheGadgetFlow, and KickBooster: So far: BackerClub has produced $840 (cost to us $379), The Gadget Flow $96, and Kickbooster $79.
    5. We have sent people from Facebook directly to our Kickstarter page using Facebook ads. Spent: $98, revenue $142
    6. I told my friends about it and many of them shared it: Cost: $0, revenue: $880.
    7. Posted here and on Reddit (I like Reddit): Cost $0, $0, Clicks: 97, 8, Revenue $0, $0
    8. Posted on Linked In: Cost $0, Clicks (only 6), Revenue: $1, Twitter: 9 clicks, $0, Pinterest 6 clicks, $0
    9. I paid some Fiverr bloggers $5 each to post our press release on their blogs: Cost $30, Clicks: 20, Revenue $0
    10. I paid someone on Fiverr to tweet it to 50,000 fitness followers: Cost $5, Clicks: 9
    11. Being on Kickstarter resulted in a few sales from people that are looking through Kickstarter: About $550 worth.

That's it folks. So, my advice from the results so far would be that BackerClub.co might be worth the money. Having a lot of friends helps too, but I can't say that any single thing has done exceptionally well for us.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:27 am

Looks like you spent a couple of thousand though ;/

tomnardone206 wrote:Hey everyone! We did it. We made our goal after 11 days. I'm pretty excited. I can share what we did if you like. I can also share some dashboard information.

1. Before the launch we built a Facebook page and a website. The website also included a redirect URL to track the response to our press releases and stuff like that using Google analytics. Cost: $30 and about 4 hours worth of time.
    2. We started advertising the Facebook page to get likes. Cost: $22. At launch we had 280 likes of which 250 were my friends and the 30 cost us $22.
    3. At launch we did a press release and used CrowdFundingPR.org, $49 (zero inquiries from reporters, but the release was posted on a bunch of sites). The report they sent looked great, but I can attribute it to any sales or even any traffic.
    4. We joined BackerClub.co, TheGadgetFlow, and KickBooster: So far: BackerClub has produced $840 (cost to us $379), The Gadget Flow $96, and Kickbooster $79.
    5. We have sent people from Facebook directly to our Kickstarter page using Facebook ads. Spent: $98, revenue $142
    6. I told my friends about it and many of them shared it: Cost: $0, revenue: $880.
    7. Posted here and on Reddit (I like Reddit): Cost $0, $0, Clicks: 97, 8, Revenue $0, $0
    8. Posted on Linked In: Cost $0, Clicks (only 6), Revenue: $1, Twitter: 9 clicks, $0, Pinterest 6 clicks, $0
    9. I paid some Fiverr bloggers $5 each to post our press release on their blogs: Cost $30, Clicks: 20, Revenue $0
    10. I paid someone on Fiverr to tweet it to 50,000 fitness followers: Cost $5, Clicks: 9
    11. Being on Kickstarter resulted in a few sales from people that are looking through Kickstarter: About $550 worth.

That's it folks. So, my advice from the results so far would be that BackerClub.co might be worth the money. Having a lot of friends helps too, but I can't say that any single thing has done exceptionally well for us.