Hello from Thailand!
  • Dawit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hello from Thailand!

by Dawit » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:35 am

Hi!

I'm about to launch my first Indiegogo campaign soon and am really nervous about it! My team and I are setting a pretty low goal to expand on an already existing product. Going to test the waters out, so to speak. Personally, I think we've crafted a reasonable presentation, but what I'm really worried about is the promotion part. It's one of my weak points, and I want to help out our marketing as much as possible. As we're from Thailand, none of us are native English speakers, so there's also a communication hurdle to overcome.

I've done an eye-burning amount of research, but until we work on our next big thing, we really don't have much "ammunition" to work with.

Either way, I hope what we learn would help other international campaigners.

Regards,
    Dawit T.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello from Thailand!

by sbriggman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi Dawit,

Welcome to the forum! That's exciting about your new Indiegogo campaign! I look forward to seeing it. Yes, the promotion aspect is what seems to give most people trouble. It's 24/7 reaching out to your target market and also rallying your friends and family to get the some initial funding (no one likes to be the first one to a dance).

Look forward to seeing your posts,
    Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.