Email received about being featured in a blog??
  • Jchetzel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Email received about being featured in a blog??

by Jchetzel » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:21 am

Has anyone else received an email from someone named Ryan Fall saying he'd like to share info about their kickstarted with his readers? He mentioned maybe being featured a crowd funding piece on his blog and asked me to send a form to his edict or to be considered with my kickstarted link and a couple of things about my campaign. Would love to think it's legit but just wanted to find out if anyone else has had this individual reach out to them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... h-and-book

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Email received about being featured in a blog??

by hyperstarter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:44 am

Sounds legit I guess...until he asks for money?!

No one can spend a couple of hours putting together an article for free, I understand that everyone should be paid...but it depends on where he is posting it > readers etc.,

My point would be - if you get an article written about out, would it really give you the attention your campaign needs and ultimately result in new backers. If no (which I'm guessing it won't), then best not to go ahead with it.

Another point would be...when did people start treating emails/messages coming into their KS or IGG inbox as different to that of a junk email in your email box? Spam is spam, but on a different platform.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Backertree
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Backertree » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:42 am

Hey Jchetzel,

While it is hard to turn down free press, most of the messages from these kinds of people that are sent directly to your KS or IGG inboxes are not legitimate. They most likely will get back to you after you show interest asking for money to publish the article.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch! All the best!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backertree!
    Submit Your Crowdfunding Press Release And Promote Your Project: http://backerpress.com/submit/
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:56 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman