My story begins...
  • akimbogames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My story begins...

by akimbogames » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:39 pm

I have been working for two years now on a card game my partner Daniel and I have named Beep Boop. It's the game of building and battling robots. It has been an awesome ride so far, and starting Monday, 11 Jan 2016, I have the privilege of seeing it come to life.

I've learned so much these past two years, and the journey thus far has been incredibly worth all of the hard work, and I want to share that with each and every one of you. I'm including the link to our preview kickstarter page if anyone would like to take a look at what we've had so much fun putting together, and feel free to leave some honest feedback on what you think about it.

I'm looking forward to sharing more updates with this forum considering I've learned so much from it in less than a few short hours. Keep up the hard work everyone! I am looking to back some very passionate people like myself so if you have a project on kickstarter that you have put your whole being into please feel free to share it with me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... n=73007b9f

Do any of you remember what it felt like right before your crowd funding project went live?

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My story begins...

by hyperstarter » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:50 am

Hi guys! Wow what a great quality video you've got there, I actually sat all the way through it which is something I don't normally do.

Regarding points on the video, the guy on with the glasses might come off as being slightly annoying - but depends who's watching it. I probably would of liked to have seen more about the card robot designs, as it wasn't on screen for long.
    Finally, the woman on the end is famous? It was sort of built up that way, but I don't recognise her. People doing robot hand motions would be cool too.

I actually think if you could replace some of the guys with hot looking chicks, that would help alot. The guy staring down the other guy was really cool.

--

It felt like there was a section of the campaign missing. Like something about how the cards were made, the quality of them or which websites/companies/people have featured you...like a big graphic and a couple of paragraphs of text was missing.

It looks a bit disjointed with the top half explaining what the game is, then the 2nd half of the page explaining who made the game. I think these images should be made alot smaller and less wordy (but you need to still have it on there).

Let me know if you'd want further advice on this, as I feel it would make a "Kickstarter of the Day" easily based on the video :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • akimbogames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by akimbogames » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:39 am

Thanks for all the advice! I greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately at this point we can't go back and edit the video. We are currently still hitting the campaign page pretty hard. There is a middle section that is in the works to add addition content about the game with a few more graphics of the cards.

Thanks again for checking out our page and taking the time to reply with feedback!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:54 am

No problem! Do you want some hands-on help, as marketing before you launch is the best way to go. I can give you some references and how I'd approach this project.

Perhaps we can message on the board?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:06 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • akimbogames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by akimbogames » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 am

Yes! that would be wonderful! I'm always up to learn something new especially from someone as willing to help as you are. Thank you!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:40 am

Ok I sent you a Private Message. I think the angle would be you'll be Kickstarter Featured based on your video but would like to help with the campaign (+ page) + finding influencers who can write about you first..

** Can't seem to message you, could you email me at email@hyperstarter.com **
  • akimbogames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by akimbogames » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:02 am

I just sent you an email!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:06 am

got it! Will reply shortly, thanks!