Launched In November- 54% funded Only 12 days left!
  • blunted4
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Launched In November- 54% funded Only 12 days left!

by blunted4 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Hey All,

I am new to the forum. I recently launched my first crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo at the end of October. Our goal is $50K.

It's for a "weighable"(not to be confused by wearable) called Slate and its the worlds first portable Smart Scale for nutrition.

We are currently 54% funded. You can check out the campaign here https://goo.gl/IMjdZ2

I have learned so much since hitting the launch campaign. Our marketing strategy going into it was as follows:

1) We had 2000 sign ups before going live (only a very small percentage converted partly because we were doing a free giveaway to draw in emails)
    2) Launched on Gadget Flow (paid feature)
    3) Got some press coverage but nothing major in terms of conversion to backers i.e.) Yahoo Finance, Daily Mail UK etc...
    4) We hit the Gogo Factor and were blasted out on Indiegogo's Newsletter - we got like 8k in sales in 1 day from that which was huge!
    5) We have done FB marketing plus some stuff on IG and twitter
    6) Running a referral campaign with backers to win free Fit Bits.
    7) Did some cross promotion with other campaigns but its hard to cross promote to your backers when you aren't at 100%
    8) Worked with Crowdfunding PR and Backerclub - minimal progress here

We are going to be featured soon on a big blog within our niche- hopefully this week and that could turn our campaign around. Fingers crossed.

Any other marketing ideas out there? Would love to connect and chat with you guys and share ideas.

Let me know what you guys think! Crowdfunding aint as easy as it seems!

Check Out Slate - The Worlds First Portable Smart Scale For Nutrition Live On Indiegogo -https://goo.gl/IMjdZ2