Started a Kickstarter project, but what next??!!
  • joshua21w
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Started a Kickstarter project, but what next??!!

by joshua21w » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:17 pm

I have just started a kickstarter project for my product NFC Wallet. However since launching this campaign I am unsure of what to do next. This is my first time doing something like this, and as a teacher I know that often there is a community of people out there who like to help!

So please take a look at my project and let me know what you think, any ideas will be welcomed.

As a bit of background, I am an Android Developer and Teacher. I have recently written a few apps that take advantage of the NFC capability. After hearing from numerous friends and my own investigations, it seems that business cards are still be used heavily when networking. However, business cards are annoying and they can be easily lost. And thats the problem.

The NFC wallet aims to solve this issue, it has a small NFC (ntag203) disk at the back of the wallet. You can then write information to the NFC tag using an app such as NFC Tools. Then approach your clients phone to the back of the wallet and it will bring up your virtual business card!

So take a look and tell me what you think....
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... nav_search

• Mobileguy
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Started a Kickstarter project, but what next??!!

by Mobileguy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:19 am

You should be working around the clock. Sending out emails. Not spam emails though. Make them personal. You should also tweet every day the same post every 8 hours. The next day post a new tweet and do that every 8 hours etc.

You should also be looking into websites like thunderclap and other social media sites. Don't spam though. I suggest saying something like if you like this please share.

I myself am getting ready to launch a kickstarter campaign and this advice is all over!~
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:56 am

Hi, I think I gave you advice on your wallet already. But wanted to focus on what Mobileguy wrote.

I personally wouldn't be sending out emails or tweeting every day per 8 hours, or using Thunderclap (for this occassion).

You need focus, look at who you're targeting. I've no idea what NFC is? Perhaps you could explain it and then people might see themselves wanting this type of thing. Then you target relevant authors, sites and promote yourself.

Use direct pitches, have great imagery so people can relate to it, go full out to make contacts, connect and promote yourself.
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • Mobileguy
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Mobileguy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:21 am

NFC is to protect your Identiy. Did you know that you can steal information just from a cell phone with someones wallet out? So NFC protects that. That is why we are seeing the chips with cards out now! Europe has done this the past few years. Here in florida every store in the whole state had to switch over to the new systems, where you can touch your cell to pay, use your cell to withdrawl money from the ATM and more. I can really go into more depth, and spend hours discussing on what NFC actually is and what it does. But basically it protects your personal information.
    I do agree about the target market. But you really do need to posts tweets and send emails. Gifts and coupons made a good point on your target audience. However your twitter followers and your email contents would of course be your target audience. Otherwise why would people be following you on twitter.

Sorry for all the typos awfully tired tonight I need to call it a night myself. I myself have done a ton of research into this. My knowledge of tweeting every 8 hours etc, is coming from comparisons with company's who launched on k.s that have raised anywhere from 100k to millions. The biggest thing is you need that following. Also I can pick up a NFC wallet for a few bucks, plus I see them advertised on TV. Plus with the new chips in your debt and credit cards, and the crazy things we can do now NFC is still a concern, but I think you need to find a better nitch in the market somewhere.

With me I have also launched 3 successful video games, and have quite a bit of followers. Once you have followers that are dedicated to your work things become easier in the end.