Funded in 12 hours Kickstarter VS 30 days of 40% Indiegogo
  • Jwen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Funded in 12 hours Kickstarter VS 30 days of 40% Indiegogo

by Jwen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi my name is Jhon the project creator of KaVii Adhesive Ver.2

Just want to share a story about how I try Indiegogo to raised some fund for my second product and only get 40% funded in 30 days. Then after the campaign finish I move to Kickstarter to raise the balance that I need to fulfill my order and within 12 hours I got fully funded. (although to be fair I put smaller goal, maybe this help)

But after 48 hours I just realize that I get the same amount of pledges already from the Kickstarter community VS the fund that I raise for 30 days on Indiegogo. I use 2 services for my Indiegogo campaign and I do nothing for my Kickstarter campaign for the first 3 days.

Is this about trust issue on Indegogo? I think I do this backward :)
    Just a tip : most of people finish on Kickstarter and move their campaign to Indiegogo for their flexible funding. I think this is more effective.
    Last edited by Jwen on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• BrockPocRoc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Funded in 12 hours Kickstarter VS 30 days of 40% Indiego

by BrockPocRoc » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi Jwen,

Cool product. Putting a smaller goal definitely helps. We made ours as small as possible, basically our break even point on Manufacturing costs. We are rising bit by bit, well into day 4 now.

Glad you got funded.

Good luck,
    Brock
    Pocket Rocket -- Car Phone Charger and Spare Battery in One! http://kck.st/1N9dK0W
  • Jwen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jwen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Thank you, I know sometimes we just need to put some reasonable goal so that people know the product will be produce eventually.
    Some people just wont put any contribution if they see something that will not possible for the campaign to get fully funded in time...
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:20 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    thegadgetflow
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by thegadgetflow » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:53 pm

I think that the smaller goal actually helped more than switching platforms.
    ---------------------------
    Submit Your Project - Get 10% OFF w/ Code: KSF10
    As Seen On: Entrepreneur, Forbes,
    We are listed on Kickstarter and Indiegogo as Experts!
  • challky
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by challky » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:53 am

This is actually very interesting (i.e. having a smaller goal rather than bigger) and if you think about it, it actually makes sense because by putting a huge amount of sum as your goal you could end up scaring people from investing into your project simply because they might think that there's no chance for you to actually meet the goal you have specified and nobody wants to invest into something that has a big chance of failure.

It somehow reminded me of restaurant business, where it is crucial for any restaurant to have at least a couple of clients sitting in the restaurant, otherwise people who enter the restaurant might see that nobody is sitting/eating there and it could mean that the restaurant is unpopular and serves mediocre food.
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:19 am

I agree, I think the small goals and prices helped alot. I think the $100 option sounds better if you titled it 40 packs of KaVii's, mention the point upto reusable 100 times or so.

I would of liked to of saw a photo showing the heaviest item it could of held, or some timelapse video of the phones/pads never dropping off the wall.

Good luck with it, simple yet effective campaign.
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • Jwen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jwen » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:44 am

giftsandcoupons wrote:I agree, I think the small goals and prices helped alot. I think the $100 option sounds better if you titled it 40 packs of KaVii's, mention the point upto reusable 100 times or so.

I would of liked to of saw a photo showing the heaviest item it could of held, or some timelapse video of the phones/pads never dropping off the wall.

Good luck with it, simple yet effective campaign.

Thank you Giftandcoupons,

Well we learn from our first campaign when you put amount more than 10 either is a pack or the product itself, kickstarter going to contact you and tell you that you can't put more than 10 items on a rewards and they will close your rewards.

Well we do a lot of experiment when we create this product and we know it cannot use to stick anything heavy on a 90° surface for too long, that is why we always make an update to remind people that KaVii is not for a heavy duty jobs (It is not a super glue :) ), if it's on a 45° or flat on the surface I can guaranteed it will not move at all.