Laser Engraver Kickstarter Campaign
  • plumapaper
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Laser Engraver Kickstarter Campaign

by plumapaper » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:04 am

Hi All!
    I launched my kickstarter about a week ago and it has been a new experience and a little bit of a challenge.
    My campaign is to help me raise enough funds to purchase my own laser engraver for my business.

My business is PlumaPaper where I design invitations, calligraphy, chalk signs and I offer laser engraved items like cake toppers and other fun pieces. I've been having to out-source my engraved products for a while and I hope to be able to have my own engraver to do it all myself. The plan is to get at least $5,000 even though the engraver costs $7,000 - I had to set a realistic goal for the project.

Anyway, I've been trying to promote my project via social media and to a few local businesses in my area but it's definitely been difficult. I don't want to pay a marketing company to advertise my campaign for me because their packages to do so are outrageous and it's not guaranteed that I'll get funded fully with that either.

If you'd like to check out my campaign, the link is below. Don't mind my cheesy video, I like it that way. Share away with anyone you know, it's much appreciated. Thanks :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52 ... aving-love

naxxfish
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Laser Engraver Kickstarter Campaign

by naxxfish » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi there,

As someone who is a total stranger, hopefully I can give you a useful and honest perspective :)

Love your creative work - you've got some really good designs and certainly something I can see being an attractive item for crafters and decorators.

The kickstarter campaign, however, I wouldn't pledge towards - mainly because it's not very clear what I'd be getting for my pledge. I understand the idea is to raise funds for a new piece of equipment, but as a backer, I don't really get any benefit from that directly. Obviously your rewards say you'll do a custom laser cut piece for me, but without any pictures to see what that might be like, it's a bit difficult for me to feel the value of my contribution.

As a backer, I'm more interested capability you will gain by having the equipment, rather than the equipment itself. e.g. you can produce custom designs quicker, or in smaller quantities - and then come up with rewards that make use of those capabilities. Maybe offer a reward that's based on the fact you can use new materials (like laser rubber for doing stamps?). Will I, as a backer, feel the benefits of pledging into your business either now or at some point in the future? If not, then there's no reason to pledge (other than to be nice - which is not something you can count on online!)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Good feedback @naxxfish

@plum Have you looked at other campaigns in your category and compared your campaign layout/video?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:33 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman