Campaign marketing sites - worth the cost?
  • Samba1221
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Campaign marketing sites - worth the cost?

by Samba1221 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi everyone!!

New to the campaign front. Since my project is so new, I am looking at the different avenues of trying to get some crowd buzz and traffic sent our way.
    So we have been approached by countless sites claiming to offer press release, social media strategies, and email (with templates) to countless backers, ones who've already funded other projects.
    I have attempted to look up reviews or any return-on-investment stats on them, so far to no avail. I know everything is a game of chance but I just wonder if anyone else out there has had any success with any of these "marketing companies" and if so, if you'd be so kind as to leave their info.
    I am willing to put up a investment, I just want to choose the best (or better) of the ones.
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!
    Wishing everyone continued success.

http://jaerodriguez0721.wix.com/rabbitholegallery
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... le-gallery

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Campaign marketing sites - worth the cost?

by Cristina » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:21 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Campaign marketing sites - worth the cost?

by kelly101 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi Samba,
    This is a pet peeve of mine as well. As soon as you announce a campaign you will be inundated with 'PR experts' Its similar to when you launch a website, thousands of SEO experts will tell you that they can get your site to number one on Google.
    I think for the most part its nonsense, I would contact each organisation and ask for some references from previous clients or ask to be introduced to a random sampling of their client database,
    If they have a massive database of 500K active interested users, then they should be happy to put you in touch with three or four of them so you can ask them about their services.

I would spend your money on traditional marketing methods rather than use these services.

Facebook, twitter etc...

Just my thoughts

Thanks
    Alan