Just launched today! The Sunday Comics Kickstarter!
  • The Sunday Comics
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Just launched today! The Sunday Comics Kickstarter!

by The Sunday Comics » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:44 pm

:D Hi Everyone!

Just launched my first Kickstarter project today! It's called The Sunday Comics. It's a publication with over 150 artists creating original art on 15'' by 22'' paper. We are printing in two formats, a newspaper and a hardcover. Some of the artists involved on the project are Ron Ferdinand, artist for Dennis the Menace, animators such as Bill Plimpton, comic artists such as Bill Sienkiewicz and many more.

We are also printing old works from the public domain, for example, Winsor McCay's "Little Nemo" and Billy Ireland's "The Passing Show". We are also working with King Features, Washington Post Syndicate, Creators Syndicate, and Universal Uclick to bring back the favorite old strips printed on large paper.

As we have just launched today we are really looking for support in getting funded and spreading the word! If you can provide any commentary on the project that would be awesome! We really hope you like it!

Kickstarter Link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831309281/the-sunday-comics-are-back-with-over-150-creators?ref=nav_search

Facebook Link:
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSundayComicsPaper

Twitter Link:
    https://twitter.com/TheSundayComics

Thanks in advance !
    - The Sunday Comics!!

The Sunday Comics Kickstarter Relaunch Nov 24th!: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831309281/thesundaycomics
  • NarrowMonolith
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Just launched today! The Sunday Comics Kickstarter!

by NarrowMonolith » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Good luck!!
  • HermionePhD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by HermionePhD » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 pm

I think this is a cool idea! I do have a couple questions about the reward tiers. What's the "Behind the Scenes" PDF, and what's the appeal of getting only this reward?

Does Early Bird Special refer to donating early in the campaign, or getting the reward earlier than the official release date? Looks like either way it's working for the $25 tier, but then I'm confused when I get to $100 and there's an additional special? That kind of dis-incentivizes anyone from contributing $125. Maybe offering a hardcover non-collectors edition would be interesting?

Also, are you going to offer a digital copy of the book? That's something I'm always interested in when I donate to comic book campaigns, but I'm unclear whether the PDF is only BtS content. If you have a digital copy that could be a great $15 or $20 tier.
  • The Sunday Comics
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by The Sunday Comics » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:09 pm

NarrowMonolith wrote:Good luck!!

Thanks so much!!!
    The Sunday Comics Kickstarter Relaunch Nov 24th!: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831309281/thesundaycomics
  • The Sunday Comics
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by The Sunday Comics » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:19 pm

HermionePhD wrote:I think this is a cool idea! I do have a couple questions about the reward tiers. What's the "Behind the Scenes" PDF, and what's the appeal of getting only this reward?

Does Early Bird Special refer to donating early in the campaign, or getting the reward earlier than the official release date? Looks like either way it's working for the $25 tier, but then I'm confused when I get to $100 and there's an additional special? That kind of dis-incentivizes anyone from contributing $125. Maybe offering a hardcover non-collectors edition would be interesting?

Also, are you going to offer a digital copy of the book? That's something I'm always interested in when I donate to comic book campaigns, but I'm unclear whether the PDF is only BtS content. If you have a digital copy that could be a great $15 or $20 tier.

Hi !!
    I'm so happy you like the idea! The Behind the Scenes PDF is going to be sketches of what some of the artists will be submitting! This is for people who would be interested in getting to see sketches of the work if they may not be able to afford the newspaper or book. The appeal is that people can feel included in some way and get to be part of the experience of the making of the newspaper.

The early bird special refers to donating early to the campaign, everyone will be receiving the publication at the same time. The special just refers to the first 250 people getting it a cheaper price. The 25$ special is a slightly lower price for the newspaper only. The hardcover, on the other hand, has two early bird specials, $80 for the first 250 people, $100 for the next 250 people, and then it's at full price $125 for people after that.

We won't be offering the book as a PDF as we really want the artist's work to be seen the way they want it to be seen.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!!
    Thanks!
    - Rachel
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • reederlauren
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by reederlauren » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 am

Great idea! Best of Luck!