MIOT,the Internet counter...needs help
  • Pitivi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

MIOT,the Internet counter...needs help

by Pitivi » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:01 pm

We live in a society where everything is connected to the Internet. But we need our tablet or our smartphone to see this data. We have created MIOT to solve this.

We have connected the old departure boards of railway stations before 80's to the Internet to create a bridge between the online world and the offline world.

MIOT is programmed to be connected with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and count likes, hashtags and mentions. But this is boring. That's why it is Open Source: we want people to program it to count whatever they care.

What do you think about it? [url]bit.ly/miotcounter[/url]

#MIOTcounter is on Kickstarter. Help us, spread the word [url]bit.ly/miotcounter[/url]
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: MIOT,the Internet counter...needs help

by Cristina » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:50 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    EvanBourne
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EvanBourne » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:34 am

Guys, I don't really understand the practical idea of that program. Do you guys made it for fun or just were curious about programming?
    EvanBourne
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EvanBourne » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:36 am

Guys, I don't really understand the practical idea of that program. I think a well-conducted fiber-optic system can provide a stable and fast Internet connection. I've experimented with this kind of software before, but I've come to the conclusion that it can only be interesting from the point of view of programming and Internet security. And when there was a hurricane in our area that dropped several power poles, I really dreamed of a normal Internet connection. Our system was restored by guys from a popular American company that offers fiber optic network solutions all over the country. I hope next time we will be better prepared for hurricanes and other disasters.