We Need Your Help, Advice and Recommendations URGENT Please!
  • ledshotrod
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

We Need Your Help, Advice and Recommendations URGENT Please!

by ledshotrod » Sat May 30, 2015 4:34 am

Hi, we would greatly appreciate your feedback and analysis of our project, the "L.E.D Shot Rod" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/led-shot-rod/led-shot-rod-shot-glass-holder-rack-display that isn't really kick-starting like we had hoped. What should be changed? Where is our mistake(s)? we are a humble crew and ready to make the right changes in order to make it happen. Please let us know your insights. Why would you back or not back this project?

Your honesty is much appreciated.

We would also appreciate any promotion and awareness you could bring to this project.

For more details please visit http://www.ledshotrod.com

respectively,

The L.E.D Shot Rod

• Farheb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: We Need Your Help, Advice and Recommendations URGENT Ple

by Farheb » Sat May 30, 2015 8:34 am

I am having similar problems with my project unfortunately. I had a quick look and I thought that your project might benefit from a better main project image. I think an image of the shot rod would look better and catch peoples eye more.
    You still have plenty of time to get the money you need don't worry.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648952489/trace-location-tracking
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat May 30, 2015 5:51 pm

ledshotrod wrote:Hi, we would greatly appreciate your feedback and analysis of our project, the "L.E.D Shot Rod" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/led-shot-rod/led-shot-rod-shot-glass-holder-rack-display that isn't really kick-starting like we had hoped. What should be changed? Where is our mistake(s)? we are a humble crew and ready to make the right changes in order to make it happen. Please let us know your insights. Why would you back or not back this project?

We would also appreciate any promotion and awareness you could bring to this project.

respectively,

The L.E.D Shot Rod

1. Your project is what I would call a techno-gadget. It is quintessentially a vanity type item, one that isn't a necessity for anyone, but which has a certain visual appeal to it, certainly. Visually, it's a lightning rod - one that draws the human eye to it. It easily grabs the eye and commands initial attention. In a dark night club or poorly lit bar, it is an atmosphere enhancer. At its very core, its both visual and fun. Yet, your project page and project video are the equivalent of interest-destroyers. Why? Because, your project video is boring, the project page has no real personal connection for the page visitor (which inhibits the social connection that you want this item in a night club scene to make), and your project page is a confusing mass of text-heavy marketing.

2. I've watched your project video twice - once last night, and again today. It's boring. It was boring last night. It remains boring, today. It gets off to a slow start. A lot of time is wasted at the beginning. My mind tells me to click it off before I even really learn anything about the product through it.

3. The two of you who are behind this project make a cameo appearance in the middle of the dreadfully boring project video, and neither of you accomplished anything, as far as selling me on backing your project. Thus, that equates to wasted opportunity. You both came across with the personal appeal of soured milk. You look like your reading your lines, and eye contact is sporadic.

4. Your project image is a visual thud of boredom. It is a failed attempt to be clever with text. The human mind will process it as visually uninteresting, compared to actual art or a photograph. It won't stand out from the crowd of other project images, when people are browsing Kickstarter. Not that they won't see it. Rather, it is aesthetically-challenged, which means that the human eye will tend to pass it by for greener visual pastures. The irony of it is that your core product is visually eye-grabbing (to a degree, since the shot glasses are fairly plain and visually boring, from a design perspective - the light is everything, the design is nothing (of the glass, not the broader concept, itself), yet your project image is 180 degrees from being eye-grabbing. You have taken an antithetical approach to visually tempting people via your project image.

5. The Kicktraq data for your project yields one backer on day one for a pledge of almost five thousand dollars, and a coupe of days after that, your project gained its second backer, who pledged a single dollar. Maybe you got really lucky on day one, but it comes across, from how the data looks, that you guys attempted to front load your own project. Most people aren't going to look at the Kicktraq data for your project, however. Clearly, you haven't front loaded your project with backers.

6. The "Share this project" button/link on your project page yields 258 Facebook shares. That's a start, but at only two backers for that many shares, your underlying messaging is largely not panning out. The ratio of shares to people who are proving to be responsive to your messaging is not looking to be in your favor. You have to reverse that trend.

7. I also watched the video where you demonstrate how to charge the glasses. More boredom. You guys seem to have no real appreciation for audio, nor the role that it plays in the human sense, as far as utilizing it as a tool of persuasion. This video wasn't as long as your project video, so it wasn't as boring, but neither I find it to be engaging. Your project is more than a project. Crowdfunding is also a story. It's also a discussion. Your approach to dialogue and conversation is death to your project. Your voices are failing to engage the viewer/listener. I would go so far as to characterize it as horrible. Passion isn't coming through. Enthusiasm is lacking. You guys don't look happy. You don't come across as excited. All of those things help attest to your item being hot and in vogue, and you fail on all counts, in my considered opinion.

8. A great bulk of projects on Kickstarter are little more than vanity projects. That you item is vanity in action isn't where your problem lies. Rather, the core problem lies in your utterly bungled and mangled approach to showcasing it.

9. Your project has no audience of note, in spite of your project's Facebook page having eight hundred and six people liking that page. Your project's Pinterest page has a total of just four followers. The Google+ page for your project has only 5 followers (in spite of having accumulated 2,797 views. Again, look at the ratios. They don't project a trend that is favorable to your item. Your item's Twitter page has but a single follower. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip that doesn't exist. These numbers all share a common trait - a lack of interest on the part of others. This equates to marketing failure. MIchael's personal Facebook page has only 85 Facebook friends (which is one shy of my own - but I'm not the one trying to crowd fund this vanity project). Thus, Michael has no large personal Facebook following, so it doesn't constitute much of a convertible asset, from that perspective. Your project needs backers, more than it needs pledges. Your project page lacks a personal element of note, and it is socially-deficient. Those are the two primary methods of gaining backers, aside from an interesting presentation of your project.

10. Your project page is in the proverbial Dead Zone, currently. Absent a major revamp of your project page, I serious;=ly doubt that it will leave the Dead Zone, with the exception of the last two or three days, when many projects tend to receive a boost of somewhat.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat May 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Charles wrote:
    ledshotrod wrote:Hi, we would greatly appreciate your feedback and analysis of our project, the "L.E.D Shot Rod" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/led-shot-rod/led-shot-rod-shot-glass-holder-rack-display that isn't really kick-starting like we had hoped. What should be changed? Where is our mistake(s)? we are a humble crew and ready to make the right changes in order to make it happen. Please let us know your insights. Why would you back or not back this project?

respectively,

The L.E.D Shot Rod

1. Your project is what I would call a techno-gadget. It is quintessentially a vanity type item, one that isn't a necessity for anyone, but which has a certain visual appeal to it, certainly. Visually, it's a lightning rod - one that draws the human eye to it. It easily grabs the eye and commands initial attention. In a dark night club or poorly lit bar, it is an atmosphere enhancer. At its very core, its both visual and fun. Yet, your project page and project video are the equivalent of interest-destroyers. Why? Because, your project video is boring, the project page has no real personal connection for the page visitor (which inhibits the social connection that you want this item in a night club scene to make), and your project page is a confusing mass of text-heavy marketing.

2. I've watched your project video twice - once last night, and again today. It's boring. It was boring last night. It remains boring, today. It gets off to a slow start. A lot of time is wasted at the beginning. My mind tells me to click it off before I even really learn anything about the product through it.

3. The two of you who are behind this project make a cameo appearance in the middle of the dreadfully boring project video, and neither of you accomplished anything, as far as selling me on backing your project. Thus, that equates to wasted opportunity. You both came across with the personal appeal of soured milk. You look like your reading your lines, and eye contact is sporadic.

4. Your project image is a visual thud of boredom. It is a failed attempt to be clever with text. The human mind will process it as visually uninteresting, compared to actual art or a photograph. It won't stand out from the crowd of other project images, when people are browsing Kickstarter. Not that they won't see it. Rather, it is aesthetically-challenged, which means that the human eye will tend to pass it by for greener visual pastures. The irony of it is that your core product is visually eye-grabbing (to a degree, since the shot glasses are fairly plain and visually boring, from a design perspective - the light is everything, the design is nothing (of the glass, not the broader concept, itself), yet your project image is 180 degrees from being eye-grabbing. You have taken an antithetical approach to visually tempting people via your project image.

5. The Kicktraq data for your project yields one backer on day one for a pledge of almost five thousand dollars, and a coupe of days after that, your project gained its second backer, who pledged a single dollar. Maybe you got really lucky on day one, but it comes across, from how the data looks, that you guys attempted to front load your own project. Most people aren't going to look at the Kicktraq data for your project, however. Clearly, you haven't front loaded your project with backers.

6. The "Share this project" button/link on your project page yields 258 Facebook shares. That's a start, but at only two backers for that many shares, your underlying messaging is largely not panning out. The ratio of shares to people who are proving to be responsive to your messaging is not looking to be in your favor. You have to reverse that trend.

7. I also watched the video where you demonstrate how to charge the glasses. More boredom. You guys seem to have no real appreciation for audio, nor the role that it plays in the human sense, as far as utilizing it as a tool of persuasion. This video wasn't as long as your project video, so it wasn't as boring, but neither I find it to be engaging. Your project is more than a project. Crowdfunding is also a story. It's also a discussion. Your approach to dialogue and conversation is death to your project. Your voices are failing to engage the viewer/listener. I would go so far as to characterize it as horrible. Passion isn't coming through. Enthusiasm is lacking. You guys don't look happy. You don't come across as excited. All of those things help attest to your item being hot and in vogue, and you fail on all counts, in my considered opinion.

8. A great bulk of projects on Kickstarter are little more than vanity projects. That you item is vanity in action isn't where your problem lies. Rather, the core problem lies in your utterly bungled and mangled approach to showcasing it.

9. Your project has no audience of note, in spite of your project's Facebook page having eight hundred and six people liking that page. Your project's Pinterest page has a total of just four followers. The Google+ page for your project has only 5 followers (in spite of having accumulated 2,797 views. Again, look at the ratios. They don't project a trend that is favorable to your item. Your item's Twitter page has but a single follower. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip that doesn't exist. These numbers all share a common trait - a lack of interest on the part of others. This equates to marketing failure. MIchael's personal Facebook page has only 85 Facebook friends (which is one shy of my own - but I'm not the one trying to crowd fund this vanity project). Thus, Michael has no large personal Facebook following, so it doesn't constitute much of a convertible asset, from that perspective. Your project needs backers, more than it needs pledges. Your project page lacks a personal element of note, and it is socially-deficient. Those are the two primary methods of gaining backers, aside from an interesting presentation of your project.

10. Your project page is in the proverbial Dead Zone, currently. Absent a major revamp of your project page, I serious;=ly doubt that it will leave the Dead Zone, with the exception of the last two or three days, when many projects tend to receive a boost of somewhat.

11. The pricing on your project's website indicates to me that pricing isn't the problem. Honestly, I don't think that your project page interests people enough for them to even get that far, fro pricing to be a potential obstacle.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2