How complete does my project need to be?
  • lucidb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How complete does my project need to be?

by lucidb » Sun May 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Hello, I've been working on a project for a little while, and I'm looking to start a KS campaign.

The project doesn't involve any tech (although its a possibility) mainly artwork, book, things like that.

I have searched and been able to source all manufacturing and printing at a reasonable cost. I have a lot of the designs print ready but nothing in physical form. I have rendered 3d models although not fully complete.

I'm looking for a small amount of funding to aid with finishing design and the first set up printing run - Enough to cover all rewards levels.

I guess my question is when to go-live. I have a web site thats not fully finished but I think i could gather enough together to start but how will people take an Idea rather than a product?

I'm quite confident of been funded but cant really go much further without funds.

Cheers Pat

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How complete does my project need to be?

by sbriggman » Mon May 18, 2015 7:00 pm

For those reading, definitely not a good idea to launch until you have a prototype of some kind. That being said, the designs and prints could be something good to show backers though.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.