Energy drink holder Kickstarter off to a slow start
    s09engineering
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Energy drink holder Kickstarter off to a slow start

by s09engineering » Wed May 06, 2015 3:38 pm

I would like to get some feedback on my project that I started yesterday.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flexibull/flexibull-energy-drink-holder

I am a mechanical engineer and not a marketing expert by any means. If you guys would like to take a look and give me some suggestions for improvements I would appreciate it.

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Energy drink holder Kickstarter off to a slow start

by Charles » Fri May 08, 2015 2:41 am

s09engineering wrote:I would like to get some feedback on my project that I started yesterday.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flexibull/flexibull-energy-drink-holder

I am a mechanical engineer and not a marketing expert by any means. If you guys would like to take a look and give me some suggestions for improvements I would appreciate it.

1. I watched both videos on your Kickstarter project page. Both are too short. They are fine, as far as visually demonstrating what your product does. But, they don't really do anything, at all, as far as telling your story, establishing a personal connection, or encouraging people to back your project.

2. Your product has a lot of functionality. It's useful. In and of itself, it's not exciting. It's simply.....there. Your project video and your project page don't make me want to back it. They don't make me want to do anything at all. Your project page is boring. If you are excited about your product, your project page doesn't show that. Because it doesn't show that, it's not likely to make others excited about it. Fix the one, and you might just fix the other.

3. You need more photographs on your page. If it come sin different colors, show them. Take photos of it from different angles, displayed against different textures. Make your photographs visually interesting to look at.

4. People can connect with your product, your message, your marketing, yourself, your social connection, or your story. Your product has merit. Yet, I haven't read the text on your page. Nothing is tempting me to read it. Visually persuade me to want to read your text.

5. Your project's spiel is: A cup holder insert with a minimalist design to solve the issue of small diameter containers falling over in your cup holder. Try saying that three times really fast, without messing up.

6. Take a picture of your product in a variety of different vehicles (not just cars and trucks, either). Then, replace your current project image with something more visually vibrant and enticing.

7. Your logo could be improved upon.

8. The "Share this project" button/link has been shared just 20 times on Facebook, according to it. You need to improve that number, as it represents online word of mouth. Word has not spread very wide, so most people do not know about your product. They don't even know that it exists, much less that it is being Kickstarted.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • FiveStarvingArtists
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Energy drink holder Kickstarter off to a slow start

by FiveStarvingArtists » Mon May 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Interesting. You guys are doing the opposite of something I tried a while back. I tried a cup holder adapter for much larger bottles (Nalgenes, Hydroflasks...). http://kck.st/1u7PN7e What it seemed like to me is that it's just too difficult to get people excited about a car cup holder adapter on Kickstarter when most people are coming on there to look for 3D pens, smart watches, and other exciting new ideas.

All I can say is don't give up on your idea even if the Kickstarter doesn't work out. Ours was unsuccessful, but we have gotten quite a bit of interest outside of Kickstarter and are moving ahead anyways. Keep an eye on your feedback overall including sources outside of Kickstarter, and if it looks like it may have promise, don't let a failed Kickstarter get in the way.

Good luck!
    Mike