Engaging the services of Crowdfunding nework sites
  • Zyane
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Engaging the services of Crowdfunding nework sites

by Zyane » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:29 pm

I am a first time campaigner but like most campaigners, I am crowdfunding because I firstly, unable to pump in investments for all my projects. Secondly, I am out to gain awareness and future clients.

We all wish to succeed with our campaigns and in the best case scenario, get over-funded. I believe most of us are laymen without a huge network as well, at least that's my situation.

This is when we start seeking sites promising us to help gain us backers, awareness and basically paint us a beautiful picture of a successfully funded project WITH their help. Sites such as Crowdfundbuzz, Ayudos, Crowdfundingpro.

Although I was extremely tempted to engage their services, I have to keep asking myself to google for reviews and squeeze the most out of my dollar and time. So I did. And I am exposed to the influx of negative reviews. But why would there be so many negative reviews and accusations of them being 'scam sites' even though these sites boast an amazing 'successful client list'?

So I have decided to cross-check with these 'successful clients' by sending them a direct message. No doubt, these campaigners are now reaping their success, but it was owed to none by their own efforts. I am grateful that they have all been very helpful in their advices and confident to say that 100% of those who replied gave me this piece of advice which I would love to share: When those websites approach you with their enticing offers and promises, RUN FOR THE HILLS.

I have screenshots of the emails to back this up and hope that anyone considering dropping a few hundred bucks on them would strongly reconsider their decisions. It is sad to see hopeful dreamchasers getting cheated of their hard-earned pennies and time.

Once again, I would like to thank all the campaigners who took the time to advise me. If not, I'd be one of those campaigners losing precious resources before I even started.

Occasional Muse - Daily Doses of Positivity : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/occasional-muse-daily-doses-of-positivity/x/10482877

Positivity is Viral // Making a difference in the world, One quote at a time.
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Engaging the services of Crowdfunding nework sites

by giftsandcoupons » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Yes I think it can be hit and miss at times. Crowdfunding seems a cash cow for some sites out there. Best to follow your advice, if it's too good to be true, then it's probably not true!

I also like the idea of contacting the network site owners first, see how they reply and if it seems strange don't go ahead.

Also mentioned on other threads if you've paid online say via Paypal, then you should be covered...good luck with it!
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • timms
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Engaging the services of Crowdfunding nework sites

by timms » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Zyane wrote:I am a first time campaigner but like most campaigners, I am crowdfunding because I firstly, unable to pump in investments for all my projects. Secondly, I am out to gain awareness and future clients.

We all wish to succeed with our campaigns and in the best case scenario, get over-funded. I believe most of us are laymen without a huge network as well, at least that's my situation.

This is when we start seeking sites promising us to help gain us backers, awareness and basically paint us a beautiful picture of a successfully funded project WITH their help. Sites such as Crowdfundbuzz, Ayudos, Crowdfundingpro.

Although I was extremely tempted to engage their services, I have to keep asking myself to google for reviews and squeeze the most out of my dollar and time. So I did. And I am exposed to the influx of negative reviews. But why would there be so many negative reviews and accusations of them being 'scam sites' even though these sites boast an amazing 'successful client list'?

So I have decided to cross-check with these 'successful clients' by sending them a direct message. No doubt, these campaigners are now reaping their success, but it was owed to none by their own efforts. I am grateful that they have all been very helpful in their advices and confident to say that 100% of those who replied gave me this piece of advice which I would love to share: When those websites approach you with their enticing offers and promises, RUN FOR THE HILLS.

I have screenshots of the emails to back this up and hope that anyone considering dropping a few hundred bucks on them would strongly reconsider their decisions. It is sad to see hopeful dreamchasers getting cheated of their hard-earned pennies and time.

Once again, I would like to thank all the campaigners who took the time to advise me. If not, I'd be one of those campaigners losing precious resources before I even started.

can you tell us more about what they said? thanks!