23% since launch 3 days ago. Are your first days so hectic?
  • Ilias K
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

23% since launch 3 days ago. Are your first days so hectic?

by Ilias K » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi All,

Launched 3 days ago and thought that after all the ward work preparing the campaign, the first days after launch would be more relaxed and would get some sleeptime! Apparently that was not a very clever thought!

The first days are far more hectic than any other day before launching! Constantly writing emails and press releases, talking and meeting with local press and all that in 3 days. Apparently the most important thing is the promotion of your product to media in order to get the necessary exposure. And of course the wait between previous and next is the most exhausting thing of all ! Although the feeling when you get a new backer is enough to keep you going!

On top of everything, our campaign is from Athens, Greece so considering the time difference with the US- New york is 7 hours behind Athens- We get even less sleep than before launch!

I would really like to know about other creator experiences regarding how they managed to keep up with all that!

Would also be happy if you checked our project called Stikey-A Magnetic Portable Stand & Cable Tidy on your keys

http://kck.st/1DhkyoV

Cheers
    Ilias

• Kick15
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: 23% since launch 3 days ago. Are your first days so hect

by Kick15 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 pm

It's great news that you are so busy and I would definitely take advantage of the momentum so that you can increase those numbers. Congrats!
  • t1supplies
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by t1supplies » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:56 pm

You should consider yourself lucky to be so busy. I spent a ton of time accomplishing nothing the first few days...
  • Ilias K
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ilias K » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:06 pm

What happened thereafter? how did you react to that?
  • t1supplies
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by t1supplies » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:12 pm

I've just been trucking on. I keep looking for more ways to get the word out. We've only had maybe 400 views on our kstart kck.st/1GmKgvD

We have quite a few things against us though. The project is for a niche within a niche. If we don't reach 25% by Friday I'll probably have to cancel the project.
  • Ilias K
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ilias K » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:06 pm

I checked your project page. I think its a cool idea! i agree with you that is a niche within a niche. I wish you good luck with it! I'll check it up during the week again!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:51 pm

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Amillux
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Amillux » Fri May 01, 2015 1:19 am

It's a great and simple product, I can see why you're so busy. Affordable and the backer gets great value from their pledge! I wish we were dealing with being so busy taking pledged rather than trying to get the word out!
  • Ilias K
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ilias K » Fri May 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks for your nice word! From my experience until now, you need somehow to create constant flow of backers, we are struggling at the moment. Of course the most important thing is to get media interested in your project! What's your project? Id love to check it out!