Master's thesis survey. Backers/Creators welcome!
  • PaulKay
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Master's thesis survey. Backers/Creators welcome!

by PaulKay » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Greetings friends.
    I am currently writing my master's thesis from International Business on Kickstarter.com as an example of a crowdfunding investment. As I'm neither a backer nor a creator(being Polish, I'm a bit limited) I would like Your insider knowledge, both backer and creator side. The results of these open questions would compose for my empirical research. This might likely take some time but Your help could mean a lot for my thesis's success. I would appreciate you being thorough. Should you require anonymity, feel free to send your answers via a message. I will not reveal your name if you do not desire so.
    Here are the questions. Thank You in advance for your time.

1) What is your name, age and background? Tell a few words about yourself.
    2a) How many and what type of Kickstarter projects have you backed? Can you list them?
    2b)What was your experience with with Kickstarter project creators? Were there any difficulties related to the projects from a backer perspective?
    3a) Did you create any Kickstarter projects? If yes, what was your experience with the project(s) as it evolved? Were there any challenges to overcome?
    3b) Were your projects successful? If yes, to what do you owe your project(s) success? If not, what do you consider to be the reason behind its/their failure?
    3c) If your project(s) was successful, what was the aftermath after you received needed funding? Were there any difficulties in fulfilling your obligations towards backers?
    3d) Have you sought other, alternate means of funding for your project, either as main or supplementary source of funding? If so, what kind and were you successful in respective acquirement? If not, why?
    4) What is your opinion on the most successful or/and popular of projects? Did you support any of them or would you support any of them if you could? Why (not)?
    5) Did you ever use similar websites to either back or create projects? If yes, how did they differ in usage, reception or functioning? How was your experience different? Would you rate it better or worse, why?
    6) Do you think Kickstarter or similar websites could work better in their service? If yes, how?
    7) What do You consider Kickstarter's advantages over its competition to be the most popular/successful crowdfunding website?
    8) How, in your opinion, Kickstarter has evolved over time as a website? How did the nature of the projects posted changed, if at all? Did you observe any trends?
    9) What would you recommend to any Kickstarter project creator for their idea/project to be more likely to succeed?
    10) What do you predict to be the future of Kickstarter and crowdfunding?
    11) Do You have any other comments about Kickstarter or crowdfunding not covered by questions above?

Thank You again!