*Feedback on 1 min Kickstarter video please?
  • devinberkani
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

*Feedback on 1 min Kickstarter video please?

by devinberkani » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:45 am

It's a song I wrote promoting my debut album. Just press play, it's only a minute long. Thank you SO much in advance!

Here's the link http://kck.st/1Fyb2BZ

Check out the Kickstarter for my debut album here: kck.st/1be2ZyE
  • kenbeancounter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: *Feedback on 1 min Kickstarter video please?

by kenbeancounter » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:55 am

Hey Devin, you're very talented and creative. I wish I could do that. Hang in there, good things are coming. I'll do $10 cause my birthday is 7/15 (not kidding). Wish you the best with your album.
  • devinberkani
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by devinberkani » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 am

Wow, thank you so SO much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!
    Check out the Kickstarter for my debut album here: kck.st/1be2ZyE
    Small Hill design
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Small Hill design » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:53 am

i liked it very much.
    the idea for the movie is just great!

good luck
  • wigchateau
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by wigchateau » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Extremely Cool! I hope you get funded. Do you have a Twitter account? If so, shoot me a message @wigchateau and I will retweet it. Good luck!
    Wig Chateau
    http://www.wigchateau,com
    Providing premium wig storage solutions
    Active KickStarter campaign: http://kck.st/1Ln7KWZ
  • dafitness@ymail.com
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dafitness@ymail.com » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Very Cool song. Hope your campaign goes well. Please find me on FB: Daminda master Pt.
    I will share your post.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:24 pm

devinberkani wrote:It's a song I wrote promoting my debut album. Just press play, it's only a minute long. Thank you SO much in advance!

Here's the link http://kck.st/1Fyb2BZ

1. Your project video is not a minute long. It is one minute and twenty seconds long. That said, it's terrible. You're singing what amounts to a poorly constructed jingle. People aren't going to take it seriously, the upbeat nature of the pace and wording, aside. If you want to be taken seriously as a vocal talent, then present serious material in a serious manner.

2. You want fifteen thousand dollars from people, the majority of which don't know you from Adam, and yet your project page as a whole is a recipe for crowdfunding disaster and failure. It is largely a mass of text, and poorly crafted text, at that. Visually, your project page is effectively numb. You fail to capitalize upon the visual nature of the Kickstarter medium to any noticeable degree.

3. Your brief video which features you singing to the cat is little more than a demonstration of lack of control over your own voice. The problem isn't the cat - It's the voice!

4. Of your two audio clips, the first of the two is the best. It's not bad, and certainly not terrible. The second one brings vocal issues to the fore.

5. The Kicktraq data for your Kickstarter project reveals one backer on day one of your crowdfunding campaign, with a pledge of three hundred dollars. Immediately thereafter, your project plunges into the dead zone, where it has remained ever since. It makes me wonder whether someone that you know pledged that first $300, just to give your campaign an early boost. Not that I care, personally, and many certainly go that route, in an attempt to front load their campaigns, but forger that one glimmering bright spot, and then focus upon what remains, which is namely this:

One other dollar, and a grand total of just two backers. Most of the pledges that I make to Kickstarter projects is for a dollar, so I'm not knocking the dollar pledge. What I want to highlight to you is your project's overwhelming lack of momentum. Basically, it has none. So, that constitutes a core, fundamental challenge to you. If you don't change that, then your project is doomed.

6. Your Facebook settings preclude me from seeing how many Facebook friends that you have, and while I know from your posting on your Facebook timeline of October 20, 2014 that you don't post much on Facebook (due to the fact that you don't want to dilute the significance of anything that you ever do that you feel is important enough to talk about, since you strike me as an outgoing and upbeat type of personality, I would have a hard time believing that you have no Facebook friends.

Which begs the question be asked, where are they, where this Kickstarter of yours is concerned? Or, have you even bothered to share it with them?

I ask, because the Kicktraq data for your project lists your project as having zero shares. Say what? What the Hell? Huh? Say what? Do what? Not even your fiance would share your crowdfunding project with others? Not even yourself? Really?! This is your attempt at crafting and executing a serious effort at promoting your own crowdfunding project?

Look at your own Facebook timeline, and look at just the postings that you have made there that are listed as PUBLIC postings, which are accessible to the public at large. You're not even talking about your Kickstarter, publicly, on your own Facebook page. How insane is that? You tell me. Then again, maybe no one will notice.

7. On November 20th, 2014, you posted something on your Facebook timeline that caught my eye. Specifically, what you said was, "Another shot from the Six At Best photo shoot with my gorgeous fiancé. It's a darn good thing I have her to add a beautiful face to my brand!"

You "brand," huh? Well, at least you grasp the concept of it. Yet, her "beautiful face," as you described it, is nowhere to be found on your Kickstarter - that beautiful face of your brand. Nice going, Ace! You bungled that one.

Speaking of which, where is the visual eye candy that your crowdfunding project page needs, in order to grab people's eye, and give them reason to linger on your page? Do you think that visitors to your project page, assuming that it gets any, are going to be swept off their feet by a large ream of text? You haven't made any major effort to break up that huge mass of text with visual dividers of some sort, which leads me to my next observation about your project page.

8. Your project page demonstrates a substantial lack of time and effort in crafting your image, in advocating your brand, and in impacting your audience. You've invested no real amount of time and effort, and it shows, as plain as the nose on your face.

9. On your project page, you state, and I quote verbatim, "Although this is my first Kickstarter, I've come prepared with a good ol' pile of knowledge on exactly how I'm going to go about this project."

If that is honestly the case, then how do you explain your project's absolutely miserable results, to date? If your project page is a first-hand demonstration of this supposed "good 'ol pile of knowledge" on exactly how you are going to go about this project, then it falls to you to explain why your project is doing so poorly on the backer and funding parts. I challenge you to tell us why.

10. All those photographs of you and your happy self over on Instagram, but when it comes to trying to raise thousands and thousands of dollars from complete strangers, your project page is the visual equivalent of bone dry. Your project might be about music and singing, but visually, it is bland, boring, and damned near dead.

11. I tried to check out your music on Vine, but it doesn't seem to let me install it on my Desktop. I don't have a cell phone, so I was unable to see what musical talent that you have on display there. Your Facebook posting of July 2nd, 2014 prompted me to check you out on Vine. On Facebook, that was an ultra-short video, so I can't really tell much from that brief amount of you actually taking your singing seriously. I did listen to your rendition of Humans (The Scene Aesthetic) over on your YouTube account, however. If it's a musical and singing career that you seek to establish, then you sure do go about it the hard way. It might prove helpful, if you actually made your music more easily accessible to the public.

12. Your Twitter account says:

@DevinBerkani's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @DevinBerkani's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

OK, so using your Twitter link as your primary link on your crowdfunding project page on Kickstarter leads quickly to a dead end. Do you honestly believe that this is helpful to you, in your quest to attract people to not just your musical ambitions, but to your brand, as well?

13. Because there are so few photos of you on your project page, not to mention people in your life, your project page is the visual equivalent of being socially dead. What is desirable is the projection of positive energy, of visual impact, of evidence that you are alive, as a person, and that you matter to others, so that your music can matter to others. Your project page is dull, boring, and dead. Do you reckon that it is by mere chance that your backing and funding are dead, also? Make a strong attempt at crafting some personal connection magic. It will make your project page, and your music by extension, more inviting to complete strangers that visit your project page. Utilize Kickstarter to energize people's senses. Currently, it doesn't accomplish that.

14. Your funding goal that you set for yourself is one tall mountain that YOU have to climb. Thus far, you're still at the base of your own crowdfunding mountain. Your project page provides no substantial evidence that you know how to walk, much less climb. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

All things considered, in my considered opinion, you really weren't even remotely ready to launch your crowdfunding project. Your approach denotes a lack of confidence in yourself, as a singer. If you want the public to embrace you, then you have to embrace the public. Your project page, in its current incarnation, wholly fails at the task of doing that.

Revamp your project page - Every last bit of it!
    Last edited by Charles on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:27 pm

You can moonwalk, but your project page can't.

::sigh::

It's not about being perfect. It's about engaging people successfully, in a manner that is meaningful to them.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • poetic174
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by poetic174 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:19 am

Hey man, I know the struggle being an artist. I've written songs and have produced a few CDs myself but it is super difficult. I had a youtube channels with over 1000 followers but it just wasn't making a lot of traction. Do you have a YouTube channel? Maybe get some following going there first.
  • Sky44
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Sky44 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:17 am

Hey Devin - I liked it a lot! Very catchy and natural. Don't listen to negative vibes, Bob Dillon probably had detractors too! :)