An adventure storybook of epic proportions!!!
    ThunderSteel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

An adventure storybook of epic proportions!!!

by ThunderSteel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:18 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Nick, and I'm the artist working together with writer Jack Hathway on the book "ABC Adventure".

Jack is an educator, and has been developing this story for the last 4 years. The idea is to help children remember how to write the alphabet's letters through the events that happen in the book.

For example, after the main character, "little a" is introduced, he grabs a spear. The letter "a" holding a spear forms the letter "d":

Later, he fights a dragon, then befriends him. They go fishing, and Little a, holding the hook, becomes the letter "g":

Together with his friends, "Little a" goes on an adventure of epic proportions! Jack has been using this story to teach the lowercase letters for 4 years already, so we already know that children love it; even more so, now that it has come to life with big, full-color illustrations. 99% of it is already drawn and ready; our goal is to make it into a full-fledged, epic-looking hardcover book, so that even more people will be able to enjoy it. The text will even be hand-written by a professional calligrapher!

There are numerous rewards; for example, how would you like to decide the name of the Dragon character? Or, how about having your child transformed into a character and included in one scene of the book?
    Well, you can do those things and more!

To all those interested, please have a look!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ca ... nto-writin

Thank you!

ThunderSteel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: An adventure storybook of epic proportions!!!

by ThunderSteel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi again everyone!

We are being a bit worried that this is being mistaken as a school textbook.
    Thus, I am making this post to clarify. This is not just an educational textbook; it is an actual story that children will enjoy, whether their goal is to learn the lowercase letters or not!
    There is an educational aspect to it, but most importantly, our goal was for children to enjoy having it read to them.
    Thank you!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Ambitious goal! Hmm... not sure if I have any specific advice to lend. Graphically, I think it's attractive.

I did an interview with the Pubslush team (crowdfunding for authors website) and they provided some crowdfunding tips that might be helpful? See: http://www.crowdcrux.com/crowdfunding-t ... s-podcast/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    ThunderSteel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ThunderSteel » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks a lot for that! I will definitely be listening to this, and passing it to my boss too, since he's the one in charge of everything kickstarter-related.
    Thank you!