Game Share: Gamers making Games [share4share]
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Game Share: Gamers making Games [share4share]

by MochShot » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:44 am

Hey everyone,

I am an indie game dev looking to reach out to a lot of RPG enthusiasts. If you read my last post; I just submitted my app to 'thunderclap.it' -- Thunderclap is a 'crowd-speaking' site where you receive support from individuals via facebook, twitter, and tumblr. If you receive a certain amount of supporters they will shout out your message (your idea/project) to them as well as their friends.
    (i.e if you get 100 supporters with 500 friends each -- your social outreach is 50000 [wow!])

It is difficult for small game devs like me to compete with the larger companies. Kickstarterforum is a great place for me to share my game with other RPG fans (especially Zelda). I submitted my game (in development) to 'Thunderclap' last night.

I will share your idea/project on my personal facebook page (with a description) and favorite/retweet your idea/project on my company twitter page @rpglimited
    ( *gamers* if you are a game dev and will be launching a kickstarter project, your message would reach 500+ friends (and friends of friends) which a large portion are dedicated gamers who also hold a credit card)

If you can support my Thunderclap page, I will love you forever! Reply to this thread with your project details/link and I will do the same.

For Thunderclap promotion/ Game Share
    Thunderclap Pre-Promotion: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/21269-azmara-rpg-for-android-ios?locale=en

Sincerely,
    Drew Mochrie
    'MochShot'
    http://www.rollplaygamesltd.com

• ChimeChime614
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Game Share: Gamers making Games [share4share]

by ChimeChime614 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:00 am

I wish you the best! One of my favorite video games was funded on Kickstarter (that's how I ended up making one).

Are you using RPG Maker by chance? There is a huge cult following for RPG maker games online. Try adding some of the RPG Maker communities on Deviant Art :D
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MochShot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:38 am

Thanks!

That's a great idea. We had considered using RPG Maker but they didn't allow exporting to IOS + Android (at the time we started development). I read a while ago that RPG Maker was working on exporting to Android but I not sure if you're able to yet?

We are actually using Corona Labs (http://www.coronalabs.com). The '3D' aspect of our game is specifically for Corona SDK -- we were actually planning on sticking with a normal 2D world, but we found '3D' options and couldn't resist including it in the game.

Our Kickstarter launches on February 14th.

Right now we are just over 11% with 23 days left on Thunderclap. Hopefully we can reach a few more people!
    https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/21269-azmara-rpg-for-android-ios?locale=en
    MochShot
  • josh.j30
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by josh.j30 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:54 am

Would you consider a fashion project :)
  • JackT1977
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JackT1977 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:19 am

Wish you the best! As another indie game developer I know how tough it is. My 1st project will go live on Kickstarter shortly and I think we all have problems with amplification... getting the good word out.