New Campaign-feel confused
  • YuliaW
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

New Campaign-feel confused

by YuliaW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:11 pm

So, I posted my campaign on Kickstarter on the 19th ( the link is bellow). Name of a product Spot-Not. It is magnetic decanter dryer and a glassware dryer.
    I have done my homework before that and in the first day we collected 20% of the pledge through because of my own efforts (friends, FB, social media, PR, blogs). Only 4% out of collected 20% ( 1% of all needed pledge) came from Kickstarter. I would think that collecting 20% of the pledge on the first day will raise my campaign's status to Popular or Noteworthy. Instead, I cannot find my campaign anywhere on Kistarter unless I use specific keywords. It is not in "New", not in "popular" and in "product design" it is listed under #280.
    What is the point to use the Kickstarter if almost all backers came in through my own efforts> I getting almost no traffic from them.
    Am I missing something?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... olish-your[/url]

• hogeandco
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: New Campaign-feel confused

by hogeandco » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Since you just launched, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most of the traffic to my campaign has been driven by me.

20% in the first day is really good. Once you hit 30-35% your chance of success increase greatly. Just keep chugging along. You have a very professional looking product.

Have you reached out to media/blogs? Wine people I would think are apt to making large purchases (wine aint cheap).

-Greg