Journey of a Children's Book [Story Theme: Beware Identity T
    DDGmail
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Journey of a Children's Book [Story Theme: Beware Identity T

by DDGmail » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:36 pm

(This post is updated as I update my journal with new information)

[Synopsis] It's a race against time. The boy must recover his stolen identity AND get back to his seat on the sky train before time runs out. If time runs out, he'll be stuck in the world of the Inbetween forever.

boy_and_dragon-2 copy.jpg
    boy_and_dragon-2 copy.jpg (184.87 KiB) Viewed 598 times

DETAILS:
    - estimated 20 - 30 pages.

FUNDING GOALS:
    - editor / writer assistance (approximately $350 - 500)
    - graphic artist work (estimated $50 - $75 per drawing from Matt... estimated $3000)
    - ebook production cost
    - print on demand production cost

REWARDS BRAINSTORM:
    - Exclusive access to the Tribe (Facebook group, website portal, email notifications).
    - Honorary Thank You Mentions
    - High resolution copies of the artwork, signed by the artist, with a personalized message.
    - Poster prints of the artwork, signed by the artist, with a personalized message.
    - Naming characters, places
    - Deciding on what gets drawn into the story
    - Personalized artwork featuring YOU.
    - Being drawn into the story.
    - Access to the entire drafting process.

- Live event reading to a local school or charity
    - Book donations to local libraries and schools
    - Option to have the story completely personalized to YOU. Your son or daughter is drawn in as the main character through my very own talented artist connection. YOU could also be drawn in too as the parent.
    - A live party.
    - "Kicking it back" to other kick-starters
    - Reward Pledges that involve helping you conceive, develop, and execute your own illustrated children's story.

- Access to "Project Star Vaders", artwork and Part I of 6 draft, along with my notes and revisions.
    - Access to "The Upside Down Mountain" artwork and entire unedited manuscript, along with my notes and revisions.
    - Backers will get a copy of my comprehensive guide on how I did it. The entire start to finish process with all the tools and step by step actions recommended, readable in as few pages as I need to tell you.

- Exclusive Q&A
    - Exclusive Skype Chat

RESOURCES:
    -- These are the books I've read so far on the subject of Kickstarter:
    1. The Kickstarter Handbook (Don Steinberg)
    2. Crowdfunding For Authors (Jodi Jill)
    3. Crowdfunding: The Complete Guide (Janet Ruth)
    4. Kickstarter: How To Meet And Exceed Your Kickstarter Goal (John Allen)
    5. The Crowdfunding Bible (Scott Steinberg)

STRATEGY:
    My goal will require a few thousand dollars, based on previous experiences. To achieve this, I'd like to break the goal down into smaller goals that are easier to obtain. I'll also build a tribe of fans whose feedback will shape the story at each step of the journey. I want to reward early adopters with as much value as I can give them, including access to my other projects, my tools, my execution process, and the time to get to know me.

WHERE AM I AT NOW -- NOVEMBER 16th
    I'm in the pre-PRE production segment. Research and development. My process is usually to develop this on my own but here I am starting a project completely from scratch and sharing my process in this forum for people to come along on a journey with me.
    Last edited by DDGmail on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

DDGmail
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Journey of a Children's Book [Story Theme: Beware Identi

by DDGmail » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:52 am

Update: Nov 16, 2014:

DETAILS:
    - estimated 20 - 30 pages.

FUNDING GOALS:
    - editor / writer assistance (approximately $350 - 500)
    - graphic artist work (estimated $50 - $75 per drawing from Matt... estimated $3000)
    - ebook production cost
    - print on demand production cost

REWARDS BRAINSTORM:
    - Exclusive access to the Tribe (Facebook group, website portal, email notifications).
    - Honorary Thank You Mentions
    - High resolution copies of the artwork, signed by the artist, with a personalized message.
    - Poster prints of the artwork, signed by the artist, with a personalized message.
    - Naming characters, places
    - Deciding on what gets drawn into the story
    - Personalized artwork featuring YOU.
    - Being drawn into the story.
    - Access to the entire drafting process.

- Live event reading to a local school or charity
    - Book donations to local libraries and schools
    - Option to have the story completely personalized to YOU. Your son or daughter is drawn in as the main character through my very own talented artist connection. YOU could also be drawn in too as the parent.
    - A live party.
    - "Kicking it back" to other kick-starters
    - Reward Pledges that involve helping you conceive, develop, and execute your own illustrated children's story.

- Access to "Project Star Vaders", artwork and Part I of 6 draft, along with my notes and revisions.
    - Access to "The Upside Down Mountain" artwork and entire unedited manuscript, along with my notes and revisions.
    - Backers will get a copy of my comprehensive guide on how I did it. The entire start to finish process with all the tools and step by step actions recommended, readable in as few pages as I need to tell you.

- Exclusive Q&A
    - Exclusive Skype Chat

RESOURCES:
    -- These are the books I've read so far on the subject of Kickstarter:
    1. The Kickstarter Handbook (Don Steinberg)
    2. Crowdfunding For Authors (Jodi Jill)
    3. Crowdfunding: The Complete Guide (Janet Ruth)
    4. Kickstarter: How To Meet And Exceed Your Kickstarter Goal (John Allen)
    5. The Crowdfunding Bible (Scott Steinberg)

STRATEGY:
    My goal will require a few thousand dollars, based on previous experiences. To achieve this, I'd like to break the goal down into smaller goals that are easier to obtain. I'll also build a tribe of fans whose feedback will shape the story at each step of the journey. I want to reward early adopters with as much value as I can give them, including access to my other projects, my tools, my execution process, and the time to get to know me.

WHERE AM I AT NOW -- NOVEMBER 16th
    I'm in the pre-PRE production segment. Research and development. My process is usually to develop this on my own but here I am starting a project completely from scratch and sharing my process in this forum for people to come along on a journey with me.