pre-launch blog
  • FireFlies&Butter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

pre-launch blog

by FireFlies&Butter » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Hello!
    I wish to develop a product. I have no experience in product design or in any of this stuff, but I still wish to do all the necessary steps from the idea to the actual production by myself for learning purposes.

I have heard that to have a successful Kickstarter campaign you have to build a community around the product a long time before the actual campaign is launched.

I was thinking that I could create a blog documenting every step of my product development and learning process to build this community. I thought that such a blog could help gather some fans.

I would like to ask you guys is it really a smart idea to create such a blog if the product that I am making is kind of new and I haven't really seen it anywhere yet. Won't somebody steal my idea? Product right now is in very early development stages.

Inventalator
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: pre-launch blog

by Inventalator » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Can't be afraid to share your ideas. You need validation and feedback during development to insure a market fit and customers, especially if the product doesn't currently exist. You can always protect it through patents and what not, but the $ can add up.
    Inventalator.com - Crowd Intelligence Platform for Product Development

Click here and use access code - kickstarterforum - to join our community instantly!
  • FireFlies&Butter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: pre-launch blog

by FireFlies&Butter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:11 am

What you are saying makes a lot of sense.
    Thank you very much,