Kickstarter to take on two of the world's strongest brands
  • victorycola
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter to take on two of the world's strongest brands

by victorycola » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:46 am

Hello everyone,

Below is the link to my Kickstarter page. I'll provide a brief synapsis of my project. I would appreciate any feedback you would like to give me. Thank you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vi ... f=category

We are starting a soft-drink company that will bottle the best cola in the world. And while doing that, we will help to rebuild a community. Those may sound like grandiose claims until you stop for a minute to consider the following:

1. No cola drink in the world is presently being made using 100% organic USDA-certified ingredients. In fact, nearly every brand of cola sold – including Coke and Pepsi -- is made as a chemical cocktail of artificial ingredients, acids and factory-produced corn syrup. Victory Cola will be made using only pure, natural ingredients – carefully crafted using crystal water drawn from the legendary mineral springs of Saratoga, New York and blended with real fruits, spices and pure cane sugar. Bottles of Victory Cola will not sit on pallets in hot warehouses like other soft drinks because after being packaged, Victory Cola will be chilled to a perfect 38 degrees, shipped in refrigerated trucks and held icy-cold in specially-designed point-of-purchase coolers until sold to the consumer. Unique – because no other soft drink producer in the world keeps its soda cold from the time of bottling until it reaches the consumer’s lips.

2. Victory Cola takes its name from Victory Mills, a tiny hamlet in upstate New York that has fallen on hard economic times. When Victory Cola goes into production, the soda will be blended and bottled in Victory Mills. And Victory Cola, LLC will employ local workers in every aspect of our business – including in the rehabbing of an existing factory building to house a state-of-the-art bottling plant. Each and every one of Victory Cola’s employees will be paid a fair, living wage with benefits. The company intends to become an active member of the community and will support local efforts to promote better health, education and employment opportunities.

• shawnekelly11
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Kickstarter to take on two of the world's strongest bran

by shawnekelly11 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:49 am

As a fellow upstate New Yorker, I think this is a fantastic idea to bring business to our state. I'm also a big fan of craft soda so you've definitely piqued my interest. I will be backing your campaign and hope to taste some Victory Cola soon!
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:54 am

victorycola wrote:Hello everyone,

Below is the link to my Kickstarter page. I'll provide a brief synapsis of my project. I would appreciate any feedback you would like to give me. Thank you.

I encountered your project, before I came across this thread. I decided to make it my 100th project that I have backed on Kickstarter.

That said, I think that your project page needs major revision. Your imagery is mostly black and white, and color tends to have a more hefty visual punch.

I like the frosted bottle idea. I like the idea of keeping the product cold (It will be less likely to go dead, that way). I like the bottle cap. I like the Victory concept. I am a Pepsi drinker, but if you can give me a cola that taste better, all the more power to you.

Can you accomplish what you are after with thirty grand? Personally, I have my doubts.

Around here, a number of old mills have been refurbished. The t-shirt looks like crap. A lot of the text, I didn't bother to read. I didn't need to.

If you bust your ass and maintain momentum, you might just get this thing funded. Try like Hell to avoid plunging into the Dead Zone. Inactivity will eat this project alive.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • victorycola
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by victorycola » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Thank you for donation and the feedback Charles. Part of the problem, is that the text of the project is a bit wordy. However, I really do think that this is necessary. Consumers are led to believe that Coke and Pepsi are premium products when clearly they are not. I don't think you can explain your strategy to take on two companies that have dominated an industry for 100 years in just one or two paragraphs.

What we are trying to accomplish with the Kickstarter is just the beverage formulation and the packing and bottle design. If we hit our goal we can absolutely do all of those things.