Hey! Criticize me, I'm new!
  • ctclements
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hey! Criticize me, I'm new!

by ctclements » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Hey guys, I'm ctclements. I'm new here. I'm working on an active project called kubeni. I never realized how stressful this would all be, and how much work it would be! It's awesome to have a place to talk to people about it and I look forward to joining KS related discussions.

A little about kubeni. Kubeni is a party game that I was introduced to by my brothers, wife's, sister's, husband (there isn't a better way to say that, I've tried). They had spent about 9 months on it when I got invited to join. It originally started as a sort of building toy, like legos. When they realized that wasn't going to quite work they took it the game route and now we have kubeni!

The game is based around stacking different colored kubes into the configurations that are on the kards. Different cards are worth different points based on how complex they are. You have 30 seconds to complete as many as you can. Different game modes occur based on the roll of a die to make it a little more interesting.

The game is an absolute blast to play. We've had 100's play it and they've ALL enjoyed playing it. I was very hesitant to join as I knew it was going to take a lot of time/money. After hearing the pitch, I was sold. They brought me on to do their app, and I decided that I wanted to risk getting paid nothing and join the team, instead of taking a payment for building the app.

The app is cool, but of course I think that, I made it. It lets us add new kards and game modes into peoples games. Think expansion packs. Basically you have the app, you update it, and BAM, you have all new ways to play your game.

The app isn't required, you can play it old school with a deck of cards and timer that we provide in one of our rewards.

I would love to connect with you guys. I would love criticism on the page, feedback, everything! I'm really looking forward to giving feedback and criticism as well, as well as just general KS discussion. I wish I had known about this site before we started, what I've read so far has been so helpful.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to your feedback!

Kubeni, a fast, fun, competitive (or not), portable game for 1-8 players. Meet your new favorite party game. - http://kck.st/WG3QAp
    RWP

Re: Hey! Criticize me, I'm new!

by RWP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:13 am

Well to me, this game sounds awesome! The only issue is (not that big of a deal) is the face that this app isn't available for Windows Phones. Since I'm one of the few percent who owns a windows phone it's a little annoying since I can't get the app. But I could just get the tabletop version of this game. Kubeni definitely sounds like the next big party game. Where'd you get the name Kubeni just out of curiousity? I hope you have a successful project. Good luck! :) All praise from me!
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:02 am

I just got home from work, a short while ago, and I haven't had a chance to check your project out very much, yet. But, I did go ahead and added an image link to it on the Squatch Kick website.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • JessmWKU
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JessmWKU » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:41 pm

I really like your video, very well done! It sounds like something I would love to play with my family. Best of luck to you!
    Claim The Chair: A space RPG for the Sociopath in all of us! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/39 ... opath-in-a