Introducing myself and my idea
  • thequest
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Introducing myself and my idea

by thequest » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:34 am

Hello,

My name is Lior, a 22 years old mechanical engineering student.

I don't have a project right now, but I do have an idea in my mind, however I'm not sure if Kickstarter is the right place to get funding on this type of project.

This is why I want to share my idea with anybody who is interested in it : My idea involves cars, beautiful design of cars (sports cars), and the fact that cities are crowded, thus there is no use for such horsepower of cars inside the cities.

Not sure it's the right place to expand it here because there is not enough place here :D, but I really want to tell it to everyone who is interested, and I would really like to get some help from more experienced people and ask them questions, for example the cost of the manpower that is needed (number of personnel, salaries, etc), so I will have a better view of what is needed to run a project.

Thank you !

Lior

BJ Sensei Now
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Introducing myself and my idea

by BJ Sensei Now » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:49 am

You should give more detail about your idea becuase it is not conveyed here.

This is the best article I have found on crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is a long labor intensive process that can take 1 to 2 years to acheive success, but it can work for you.

http://www.johnathanleow.com/how-i-made ... -strategy/
    BJ Sensei is starting a revolution in oral sex education for him and her. Get email and text updates at http://l6toukoy.launchrock.co/

Follow BJ Sensei on Twitter: @BJ_Sensei_Now
  • thequest
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thequest » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:13 am

Thank you,

Right now I want to share my idea rather than start a project on Kickstarter/Indiegogo, because from people who heard my idea and have background in it, I understood that I'll need much more than what crowdfunding website can afford.

I am now trying to find places/websites where people with passion to cars and design who want to listen to the idea.
    BJ Sensei Now
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BJ Sensei Now » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:41 pm

You have not shared your idea on this topic. Will you need more than $13 million? That is the most funded project on kickstarter.
    Last edited by BJ Sensei Now on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    BJ Sensei is starting a revolution in oral sex education for him and her. Get email and text updates at http://l6toukoy.launchrock.co/

Follow BJ Sensei on Twitter: @BJ_Sensei_Now
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Yea, you haven't provided all that much information about the idea aside from "There is no use for such horsepower of cars inside the cities."

Most people that I know would use a sports car on the open road outside of the city, but I don't see your proposed solution from your description.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • osai789
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by osai789 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Give us more info as it can help you in the future
  • lindseymcd
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lindseymcd » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:48 am

Good luck with your campaign!
    flashww
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by flashww » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:53 am

sound like you need some groundwork first before funding.

take a look at the luxury car club and track days.

do on street questionnaire and join car forums and ask peoples opinions on what they would spend money on.

when you have a better idea of how you are going to use money to fund a project you should have a ball park figure of how much you need to get you started and if crowd funding is your best route.

best of luck in your project
    Help promote Welsh film production, and get your name in credits awesome as awesome merch, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... f=kicktraq