Staff pick on first day
  • murratw
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Staff pick on first day

by murratw » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:17 pm

I launched yesterday and was very thrilled I got a staff pick on the first day. Hit %10 funding the first day. I have a 40 day campaign. Most of my traffic is coming from a Reddit. Which will die off as the post goes to the bottom of the list. I got featured on a few small blogs, but I can't find many more blogs to ask to promote. My target is very niche.

I am wondering what my chances are of funding %100. I am also looking for ideas on finding places to promote.

http://kck.st/1lVl6Oo

dylanmad

Re: Staff pick on first day

by dylanmad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Congratulations! It happened to Auxiliary Magazine, one of their campaigns I was involved in. Didn't happen to the one I'm running now, but I guess the video isn't as snazzy. What do you think triggers a Staff Pick?
    Didgeridave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Didgeridave » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:15 am

That looks like a great project. I don't have a Raspberry Pi, but I am sure there are a lot of people who will be contributing. It seems like by the end of day two you are around 20% there. That is excellent progress! Well done!
    dylanmad

by dylanmad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:26 am

Definitely, like Didgeridave said, a great pace. When you pass 25% your odds of succeeding rise sharply, and when you pass 30% you'll start getting all sorts of attention.
  • lostbot101
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lostbot101 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:04 pm

that,s cool
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:38 pm

murratw wrote:I launched yesterday and was very thrilled I got a staff pick on the first day. Hit %10 funding the first day. I have a 40 day campaign. Most of my traffic is coming from a Reddit. Which will die off as the post goes to the bottom of the list. I got featured on a few small blogs, but I can't find many more blogs to ask to promote. My target is very niche.

I am wondering what my chances are of funding %100. I am also looking for ideas on finding places to promote.

http://kck.st/1lVl6Oo

I know nothing about the core product, but just by looking at your project page and at your progress to date, I think that you stand a very good chance of meeting - and even exceeding - your funding goal.

Your ratio of funding-to-shares is actually higher than for most Kickstarter campaigns that I have browsed, thus far, even as the number of shares that you have (as in Facebook shares) is fairly low, all things considered. You already have over a hundred backers. Respond to every comment on your project page, to keep that section active, and do regular and frequent project page updates. Don't be scared of being too active.

At a glance, the initial indicators look fine, to me. You're early in the campaign cycle, yet, though.

You have 37 more days to go. I think that you made a wise choice going longer than 30 days for this particular Kickstarter.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • vatman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by vatman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Hey, that's really cool! I like how affordable it is. I think you are well on your way to a successful campaign.

Congrats on getting "Staff Pick" status and having gained 17% of your goal thus far.

Have you thought of adding more rewards? I think if you do a "distributor pack" (10 Smart Pi's) or even 2 or 3 packs?, it may help you to reach your goal quicker. I have seen that the most popular pledges are at the $25 and $99 levels. You may want to include a "special limited option" at a higher price point or something as well. Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck to you as you move forward.
  • Anashel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Anashel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:49 pm

I have a hard time understanding the Staff Pick + Popularity ranking system. I see odd result and I am currently buried somewhere in the last pages.

Yet we manage to raise 26k out of 40k and we have 18 days to go and 86% of our backer came outside of Kickstarter, so we clearly bring new member to KS. (That may be a bad thing in their ranking methodology?) Our average pledge per player is 108$, quite high when I compare to other project. So we have:
    - Lot of new visitors for KS
    - Already 64% funded with 18 days to go
    - 14 updates / 61 comments*

And yet, we appear in now result, well behind stuff with 30 backers and some of them have 35% funded on a 4000$ goal... I don't get what's the magic we are missing in the KS ranking system.

* We are low on comments since we have dedicated forums with more then 2 310 post (!) from the community in it.
  • cyberdan
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cyberdan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Congrats on the staff picked, that's pretty cool. Did you submit the project first for approval from the KS staff or did you just launch it without going through that?
    Our Kickstarter campaign is LIVE ~ Never scrape ice off your windshield again http://bit.ly/icescreen

T: [url]twitter.com/icescreens[/url]
    FB: [url]Facebook.com/icescreen[/url]
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Anashel wrote:* We are low on comments since we have dedicated forums with more then 2 310 post (!) from the community in it.

Which will have zero bearing on those who don't bother to visit your forum.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2