The Undergound LP - A new album from My Starving Lion
  • MyStarvingLion
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The Undergound LP - A new album from My Starving Lion

by MyStarvingLion » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 am

Hello everyone! I would like to get some exposure for my bands new album/kickstarter.
    A little bit about us, "My Starving Lion is a band that seeks to create incredible, high quality Pop music with more depth than the majority of today's hit music; music that people can relate to. My Starving lion takes on the hardest issues, but also provides fun, catchy music that we all love to enjoy... Whatever mood you're in, we have a song for it."

Now I know what most people are thinking, every band wants money. Every band wants to become famous. This is true, but unlike most bands we pride ourselves in not only our professional sound, but our overall purpose of the band. See, we want to touch lives, we want people to relate to All of our songs. We want to be able to make a sad person smile and vice versa.

Honestly all we want is for poeple to listen to us, if they want to help us out financially great, but we will be moving forward with or without a successfuly kickstarter.

So if you would please just check out or kickstarter, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... /paramount and just have a listen, we have some songs off of our album beneath the video, we would appreciate it more than we can express.

Thank you from My Starving Lion
    P.S. I apologize for any grammatical errors, I have been up for a while promoting this. :)

Please visit our Kickstarter and see what we are about! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... /paramount
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Undergound LP - A new album from My Starving Lion

by Charles » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:44 pm

1. Your project image is a combination of a people and text. Human beings always make for visual interest. The smaller thumbnail image for your project is problematic, in that some of your text becomes illegible.

2. You have a decent project video. It's not a very good showcase of your music, since it offers a rather limited slice of it.

3. Your project page states:

We are also dedicated to only the highest quality product, from the creation of the music, writing the lyrics, recording, mixing, mastering, artistry, distribution, artwork, basket weaving... everything. We always push ourselves to be the best we and our art can be.

Does that commitment extend to your project page, though? Your project page is one huge mass of text. No visual dividers to break it up into more manageable bites. No photographs to increase the visual interest and visual energy. Whether your objective is to raise money, or to just get more people listening to your music, your project page isn't really geared to accomplishing either, much less both.

In a nutshell, if you want people to take an interest, then make it interesting.

4. You have a vlog video. Why isn't it posted on your project page? Is it your hope that people find it, after clicking on other links? Make it quick and easy for people to learn about you and your music.

5. Musical taste varies widely. That said, I think that you're pretty good. I could click off your project page, but still listen to your music. Yet, you really do need to do a better job of showcasing the music tracks. They need to be set apart, visually, from the mass of text. You want to make it extra obvious where the links to the music are. Keep the links near the top. Give them a big, obvious visual header, to make them their own category on your project page. Don't assume that people want to read the text on your project page, not even a little bit.

6. The links to your music on SoundCloud open the music in a new web browser tab, regardless of whether the page visitor right clicks or left clicks on them. That is good! Your page is less likely to get lost to them, that way. Plus, as you have it, they don't even have to hit a play button, after they arrive on the SoundCloud pages that your music tracks are on. Very nice!

7. There is the music. There are the songs. There is the band. Visually, the band is dead, on the current incarnation of your project page. Yor band has no visual presence on its own project page. What's wrong with that picture? Quite plain and simply, there are no pictures. Fix it!

8. Of the three songs listed on your project page, I like Light It Up the best. That's more of feedback of a general nature, and not feedback on your project page, per se. But, I thought that you might want to know which song that people like best. Of course, it's not like your project page engaged me, and asked me. Ask people which song that they like best - and why they like it. It gives them a ready excuse to contact you, to engage with you, to take a deeper interest in your band and its music.

9. Your project goal is attainable. For a music project, I don't think that it's a particularly high goal. Of course, I don't really look at a lot of music projects on Kickstarter.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2