Need help with project!
    RWP

Need help with project!

by RWP » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 am

This is a very brief idea for a project...

I have a step-grandpa who is a Vietnam Veteran who suffers from depression. I want to thank him for his service by giving him something amazing. I want to create a photo book of different American sites that have inspirational messages on it. I might post the link to preview this project if anyone's interested in seeing exactly what it's about. I'm just having one issue! Rewards....

Originally I had it all planned out, I would fold a dollar into the shape of a heart with a quarter in it and use those as rewards a long with a copy of the photo book. Well using any type of currency is against Kickstarter rules so that's out of the question. Now I'm stuck without lower rewards.

I want the rewards to be American themed and something a veteran would appreciate if given to them. Suggestions?

• Sigmund3rd
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Need help with project!

by Sigmund3rd » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:48 am

Remember that people who will back your project will have an interest in the subject matter. Perhaps something that backers can give their own relative with the same experiences. Design and print a 'Thank You for Your Service' card. A framed yellow ribbon with 'Never Forget' on it. If you are good with knots, make a paracord survival bracelets (http://survivalstraps.com/). Think in terms of something someone already interested in your project might want. And remember that your backers are probably more like you than your grandpa.

Good luck!
    RWP

by RWP » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:39 am

Thanks Sigmund that's a great idea and I'll look into the paracord bracelets, I've always been interested in those anyway!
  • legend_of_lotus
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by legend_of_lotus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:16 am

Perhaps copies of the images you use in the book, folded into a heart like you thought with the dollars?
    RWP

by RWP » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm so glad I asked this! These are great ideas and I really do appreciate it! So I'll definitely take all of these ideas into consideration.
    RWP

by RWP » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:51 am

Here's a link so anyone can preview my incomplete project:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... n=3cc4d707
    Any opinions?