Newbie with greeting Cards
  • Withipad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Newbie with greeting Cards

by Withipad » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 am

Hi
    I am like a fish out of water,just launch my project ,Andrews's Greeting Cards .The images are made by using a iPad and a finger to paint .
    I wanted to make colourful fun cards no meanings just fun .the goal is to get funding to be able to have a large printing run to start the business .
    But so many great projects out there it does seem a bit impossible to get interest in greeting cards,
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... ting-cards
    Love any help
    Thank you

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Newbie with greeting Cards

by Charles » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Oh, I don't think that it is anywhere even remotely approaching impossible to generate interest in greeting cards. I was certainly interested in checking your Kickstarter project page out.

That said, your selection posted on the project page is very limited, and seems to all share a common theme. That will b interest-limiting.

Beyond that, your video is extremely impersonal. Basically, it's duplication of the still images on the site, with a music track. It's less a video as it is an audio. Two huge thumbs down for that approach. You're nowhere in the video. Honestly, for some projects, I really don't think that it is imperative that the project creator be in the video. But, for this particular project, I think that it is exceptionally problematic for you to try and make the pitch for money for this project, without you being in the video explaining and advocating and helping the project page visitor to "get it" about why this matters.

One of your Facebook links on the project page is broken.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • Withipad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Newbie with greeting Cards

by Withipad » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:57 am

Hi Charles
    Thank you so much for your help and comments, I will make changes over the coming days .
    All the very best
    Andrew