Pre-marketing & Press Releases
    Helpmeplz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Pre-marketing & Press Releases

by Helpmeplz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:27 am

I've been working hard to get my project KickSstarter ready and I wanted to raise awareness for the project, however I'm not sure how much pre-marketing works or if I have really notable news for a press releasee.

I have created a website, twitter, facebook, instagram, and tumblr for the whole social media blitz. I also have archived all my press releases online, grant it I haven't released one yet as I have to use form entires on most pr sites and I prefer just to email the pdf.

Any ideas if premakering works and if a press release is a good idea? You can check the few that I have online at http://hlpmeplz.com/press_release.html

The site: http://hlpmeplz.com/

• Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Pre-marketing & Press Releases

by Shuzza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 am

HeLPMePLZ -I am aware I'm not your target market, but man your page is hard to read with the ALL CAP COPY ON A BLACK BACKGROUND AND NO PHOTOS!
  • Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Shuzza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 am

I hit return too soon, sorry - I would really take a look at what you have done and then come at it from the perspective of someone who has NEVER seen or heard of you and do they understand what you are trying to do, and quickly?
    Helpmeplz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Helpmeplz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Your actually the very first to mention any issues with readability. I was thinking it was very straight forward, the about tap (after you enter the site) tells more about the story of the tv show with a huge header. Maybe send me a screenshot, perhaps the page isn't fully loading on your computer. Which would be my problem as well.

=== edit ===

I looked at the page from a quick second glance and it being black n white changes the dynamic we're used to . It's suppose to be a computer "terminal" that "::-_-::ANGEL@" hacked together (as apart of the ARG). It's not suppose to be perfect and go with the hacking montra... of which hurts my eyes... but believe me: when their was no color (just black n white) it was worse. Also their are images, try navigating to "Rewards", or to the Shirts icon, or even "Printable".

I may add this image to the "about" section.

• FranklinTirado
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FranklinTirado » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:48 am

I would like to inform you that Pre-marketing and press-releases are very helpful for crowed funding. I am not saying that you will get a lot of sale through it, but yes, you will get a lot of traffic from it and this will help you for selling your project.
    Helpmeplz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Helpmeplz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:21 am

Any idea on who to release a press release to?
    Inventalator
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Inventalator » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:36 pm

You can have all the SM accounts in the world but you have to focus on building your network around those who you believe can be converted into customers. Stay active, engage them, and tailor your project to their interests.
    Inventalator.com - Crowd Intelligence Platform for Product Development

Click here and use access code - kickstarterforum - to join our community instantly!
  • ryan4zubits
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ryan4zubits » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:44 am

I would agree with what some others have said. You know what you are all about, but it's too hard for the rest of us to QUICKLY understand what you are doing. I too want to tease my product to attract suspense and interest, but there is a point where I want it to be absolutely clear and understandable. Good luck, Ryan.
    Helpmeplz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Helpmeplz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:34 am

Do you think some of the changes I made to the project page help? http://go.4egtv.net/ENDTHELIES