Kickstarter Campaign - Drama, Short Film 'Tables Turn'
  • StaceyGT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter Campaign - Drama, Short Film 'Tables Turn'

by StaceyGT » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 am

My name is Stacey G. Travis and I am a writer/director.

In wake of the high-profile cases involving unarmed African-American boys who were murdered and their killers protected by “Stand Your Ground" Law, I as a mother and writer/director felt compelled to write the short film Tables Turn to show the seriousness of this criminal protection law, the law -- which allows people to use deadly force, without any obligation to retreat first. So, to say the least, this film is very important to me.

I am so passionate about this project and have been working diligently to get this movie made. I have been sending out press releases, contacting my local news, radio stations, journalist and bloggers.

I wanted to reach out to see if perhaps you could check out my film and if you agree with the message, please show your support by donating to help get my movie made.

What do you gain in supporting my project, aside from the great gifts and rewards in exchange for donations? Well, you gain the most gratifying reward, which is supporting a positive project that I believe can promote change for the better in our country and help to save the life of many children.

Film Kickstarter Campaign:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/44 ... ables-turn

You can LIKE, SHARE, & FOLLOW our Film Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tables-T ... 3507222184

Please let me know if you need me to support any of your projects.

I wish you all well!

Have a blessed day!

Sincerely,

Stacey G. Travis

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Campaign - Drama, Short Film 'Tables Turn'

by sbriggman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Just backed you at a supporting tier. Let me know if you have any questions about Kickstarter that I can help answer.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • StaceyGT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by StaceyGT » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Thank you so much, Salvador! I truly appreciate the support. I left a message on LinkedIn today and I spoke about you and all you do to support and help the crowfunding community.

If you could give me some feedback on my Kickstarter Page, I would appreciate it. Do you think my campaign is strong enough to get the backers to donate, any ideas or advice you can give me?

Again, thank you for all you do! I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a blessed day!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words :). I think the best way you could go about it would be to create a list of 5-10 similar campaigns in the short film category (maybe same genera) and use some of these techniques to research them and figure out what they did to be successful. You can also compare rewards, video, and campaign layout.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • StaceyGT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by StaceyGT » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I would take your advice and get to work. I have about 26 days left and I can't give up without putting in the effort and making sure I tried every avenue to promote this film in order to reach my goal.

Have a Blessed & Happy 4th of July! :)