The things to keep in mind while planning to make use of KS
    Carl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

The things to keep in mind while planning to make use of KS

by Carl » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:22 am

Hello,

Well, this is my first thread in this forum and I'm new here. But, I've found some great tips and tricks on this forum. However, I have made some twists and made good profit in the recent days. I thought i should give back something to the community. Read on to know tips, tricks and about my journey :D

As we all know, getting backers is getting harder every day. Also, there's a lot of competition in Kickstarter now a days.. But, being unique always wins. Kickstarter have received over $100 million for the projects of users by the people all over the world. Surprisingly, over 11,000 projects have met their funding goals.

Well, like I said, be unique. Explain your idea "from the heart", if you can convince them with your unique and worthy project, this is an advice by me, this is said by Nathaniel Hansen, who made $350,000 with his unique and inspiring project. Don't be afraid for the big cash, there are several people who became millionaires by receiving donations from the people, like the Wikipedia.

Video works better than images and text! Make a professional video and give an inspiring lecture about your project and how it can help the humanity. Well, if you think you can't do it, hire a guy and let him make a video for you, shouldn't even cost more than $20. Don't be afraid to invest a little! Remember that you should aim for the big cash, not pennies!

Just telling a good plan to your donors isn't helpful, show them your progress! Execution of plan is a very important step. Also, that's where you face the biggest challenges.

Don't just stick to the website, you can use several ways to get the donors. Well, i'm not going to spoon feed you, but I hope you got the idea. Try making a blog or a website and post the progress of your project and explain your idea deep from your heart.

Remember that the donors donates to your project only because they want to be a part of it. Offer them special stuff or a reward, just be creative!

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need my help. Thank you very much. Good luck friends! ;) ;) 8-)

Platinum Metrics - Press Release and Distribution Service
  • peterkoevari
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: The things to keep in mind while planning to make use of

by peterkoevari » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks for the tips :)

My project won't help humanity, but it is certainly unique in terms of content. Some food for thought in here, and I'm still pondering if I should make a video, and how.
  • jchorny
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jchorny » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 am

Hi Carl,
    Thank you for great article. You are 100% right. I am learning this in a hard way. I wish I knew what I know now before I started my project. Anyway, I will appreciate if you can take a look on mine campaign and give me any feedback.
    it is the stand for tablets or smartphones:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/277952231/scoob-the-stand-for-your-tablet

All the best,
    Jaroslav
  • shootitforward
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by shootitforward » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Great tips! Thanks a lot :D
    Carl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Carl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:11 pm

peterkoevari wrote:Thanks for the tips :)

My project won't help humanity, but it is certainly unique in terms of content. Some food for thought in here, and I'm still pondering if I should make a video, and how.

haha, I meant do something people likes.. :P Well, stuff like everyone likes.. Unfortunately, it's the hardest part :(

But if you've successfully found a nice niche, yeah, an unsaturated one, that's a lot of money :D :D
    Carl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Carl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:11 pm

shootitforward wrote:Great tips! Thanks a lot :D

Sure mate, hit me up if you need my help. I don't call myself a pro, but i'm good at this s*** :P :lol:
    Carl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Carl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:13 pm

jchorny wrote:Hi Carl,
    Thank you for great article. You are 100% right. I am learning this in a hard way. I wish I knew what I know now before I started my project. Anyway, I will appreciate if you can take a look on mine campaign and give me any feedback.
    it is the stand for tablets or smartphones:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/277952231/scoob-the-stand-for-your-tablet

All the best,
    Jaroslav

Sure mate, Thank you. Was down with fever and had college stuff. Will start unique content like i usually do everywhere else soon! I hope this forum will become more popular.. :)
  • ElizaLeahy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ElizaLeahy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:07 am

Thanks for your tips! My project is to help humanity - in a very small and humble way. Start with the kids and help them in some little way and they will grow up remembering that a stranger helped them once. Well, that's my theory anyway!

And you have helped us here :)

Good luck with all your projects!

Eliza Leahy - Sunshine Coast, Australia
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... 00-dresses
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:07 pm

@Carl Great tips! I especially like "Just telling a good plan to your donors isn't helpful, show them your progress! Execution of plan is a very important step. Also, that's where you face the biggest challenges. "
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    Carl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Carl » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 pm

sbriggman wrote:@Carl Great tips! I especially like "Just telling a good plan to your donors isn't helpful, show them your progress! Execution of plan is a very important step. Also, that's where you face the biggest challenges. "

You're welcome! Good luck! I hope my thread will help you reach your goals. :)