New Graphic Novel Kickstarter about College Athletes
  • coolsac32
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

New Graphic Novel Kickstarter about College Athletes

by coolsac32 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 pm

My Name is Steven Christian. I am an artist and animator for a website and YouTube channel I created called Stuck On An Eyeland. This spring I am graduating with my Masters from Oregon State University where I played football, along with and at the University of Hawaii where I received my undergraduate degree and played football as well. From my time at OSU, I am receiving my Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary studies with a focus in Fine Arts, Psychology, and Sports Medicine. My reason for contacting you is because of the project I created to get my Masters. The project is called “No Love for Gladiators.”

No Love for Gladiators is a three part graphic novel that follows the life of a young boy with a tattered past. He is given the opportunity to start a new life through the brutal, futuristic sport called Terraball, the events of the story depict his rise to fame and glory, where the road is never easy.

This story is loosely based on the memoirs of student athletes that played Division 1 sports, and how their lives were directly affected by the regulations of the NCAA and more. Ultimately, this project serves to give student-athletes a positive voice in popular media.

The Result is a graphic novel that is split into three volumes with a variety of art styles ranging from abstract to realism.

My Kickstarter Campaign page has more information on the project including a video, concept art, a synopsis of the story, and sample pages. If you decide to invest in this project, as a usual Kickstarter works, the rewards you will receive make it a worthwhile investment.

Project Link: http://kck.st/1kr3QgQ

• porterassist81
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: New Graphic Novel Kickstarter about College Athletes

by porterassist81 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:20 am

The art looks impressive. I wish you luck with your project.