Introducing myself
  • tabletoptailgate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Introducing myself

by tabletoptailgate » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:19 pm

I am new to this forum but thus far it has been super helpful to figure out how to succeed with a kickstarter campaign. My project is now live and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/92517300/tabletop-tailgate-beer-pong-card-game

In a nutshell:

Table Top Tailgate Beer Pong Cards mix the classic game of beer pong with 54 cards that will change the game completely and take it to the next level.

How It's Played

Each team picks 6 or 10 cards(depending on how many cups you are playing) at random, and without looking at them, puts a card under each cup in play on both sides.

Each team will play the game like regular beer pong shooting back and forth with the goal of landing the ball into the other teams cups.

The real fun happens when a ball actually lands into a cup because at this moment the card underneath that cup is flipped over and either the shooter or someone else's fate is determined . Once the ball lands into the cup the card underneath that cup will be read and the instructions will be followed.

Some card possibilities include but are not limited to; This cup stays in play, shooter is ejected from the game, person who flipped this card take two cups, both teams switch sides, shooter drinks a cup from his or her own side, and many more.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Introducing myself

by sbriggman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:29 pm

This actually sounds like a really cool/fun game. Longterm, I might consider adding in other cards that blend a few games together (like kings - never have I ever, everyone must touch the floor - last person to has to drink, etc).

What kind of feedback/response have you gotten so far?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • nomonausea1
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by nomonausea1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:58 pm

This would have been great during my sorority years ;) After you get done playing you will need my product a No Mo Nausea Band. The only drug-free anti nausea wristband that combines acupressure with aromatherapy of natural peppermint oil to help decrease hangovers. My kickstarter is http://kck.st/1ofGHzf. I would love to talk about cross marketing our projects. Send me an email at info@nomonausea.com if your interested.
    -Jackie
  • tabletoptailgate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tabletoptailgate » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 am

Hey just seeing these now- I appreciate both of your comments. The general feedback is that it's a solid idea. I am 29 years old so not the target market and either are my friends. I have about 23 days left on kickstarter and have been told the video could be a whole lot better. While I think it conveys the product I agree it could grab the emotions of beer pong players / college kids better.

Geoff
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:06 pm

@geoff - Yea, would help a lot if you could get someone in college on board to help promote or to use facebook ads and target by age or region or college.
  • tabletoptailgate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tabletoptailgate » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:20 am

Thank you for the advice and support! I did end up changing the video which should help

let me know your thoughts--

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/92 ... -card-game
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:55 pm

I think it's cool, but like I said before, you really need to reach that demographic. If you have a second, please support us on Thunderclap (free): https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/126 ... rs-succeed
  • tabletoptailgate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tabletoptailgate » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:57 pm

done deal on twitter!