Multiple kickstarters
  • dio666
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Multiple kickstarters

by dio666 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Is it normal to have to run twice or even three times to meet your goal or to refine your pitch and reward tiers?

I've ran two kickstarters now for the same thing, both of which have raised less than 30% of their goal. Well... the current one still has a few hours, but it's not looking like its gonna break that trend.

So have any of you see where someone has had to change strategies and run a second or third time?

therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Multiple kickstarters

by therriaultk » Mon May 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Hey! I'm sorry to hear that your campaigns so far haven't gone very well. I think it is pretty common for people to have to run a project more than once before they reach their goal. Here's a blog post that might help:

http://www.crowdcrux.com/ultimate-tips-for-relaunching-a-kickstarter-campaign/

Can you tell us more about your project, and where you think you could have done things differently?
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • dio666
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by dio666 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:27 pm

Well two things I think hurt me the most.

1. I don't own a video camera, So I couldn't really film myself talking about the project and put a face to it. If I go a 3rd attempt I will definitely have to borrow someone's ipad or high megapixel phone to film a better video.

2. Having looked at dozens if not hundreds of other successful fiction novel kickstarters I just don't seem to have that great of rewards. It seems everyone offers superfluous items like posters, keychains, and those type things, I am reluctant to do so, because it will add to the total cost of the kickstarter to produce these items. And I'm already struggling to raise the moderate amount I'm currently asking.

As for promotion... I don't think I failed in that issue. Or atleast I don't know what else I could do. I've tweeted it 2-6 times daily to over 900 follows on twitter. I've joined over 40+ book and crowdfunding groups on facebook and advertise in each about every 3-4 days just so not to appear spammy. I've even done a few google+ stuff and pinterest. As well as reddit and dozen or so forums I've came across.

So ya... i don't really know lol
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue May 13, 2014 3:16 am

1. I agree - that really will hurt. Even an ipad video I think would supplement your cause/project.

2. I wouldn't shy away from offering great rewards. What makes rewards based crowdfunding work is that you actually get something for supporting a project. It's not just a donation. Strive to provide value to your backers, as this is what incentivizes them to back you!

One way of thinking of it is... it's easier to sell someone a hamburger for $5 and make $4 profit than to ask for someone to give you $4 as a donation.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • ViliX
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ViliX » Sun May 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Do you happen to know how to create campaign for non-us, uk, etc.. citizens? For example for people from Czech Republic, Germany or Poland?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue May 27, 2014 3:25 pm

You could try indiegogo?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • ViliX
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ViliX » Tue May 27, 2014 3:27 pm

It isn't as popular as KickStarter is.