Salamander Sauce: Bringing Flavor & Fire Together
  • salamandersauce
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Salamander Sauce: Bringing Flavor & Fire Together

by salamandersauce » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 am

Salamander Sauce is looking to break the $7000 mark so we can launch our new Whiskey sauce. One avid hot sauce aficionado felt compelled to offer us a description of the sauce and we loved it so much we decided to use it: "Sultry and smooth, dark and alluring; one touch to your lips and you'll know what we mean. We've deepened the mystique of this seductively vibrant sauce with an infusion of whiskey, and from it, the depth of flavors that emerge dances between the dark notes of intrigue and hints of colorful whimsy. A single taste will do nothing to quell your desires. And like a distant lover emerging from the mist, you'll keep returning to her arms for one final kiss. Poignantly memorable."
    You can check out our campaign on Kickstarter here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1018516434/salamander-hot-sauce
    Please share and support us if you can.
    Regards,
    Team Salamander
    Attachments
    P1040663_small_2.jpg
    P1040663_small_2.jpg (253.16 KiB) Viewed 928 times

• cth mushrooms
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

Re: Salamander Sauce: Bringing Flavor & Fire Together

by cth mushrooms » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:38 am

You have a great video Salamander folks - very lively and fully of energy! And it looks like you've made your goal quickly - good luck getting to the stretch goal!
    I couldn't figure out from the description or video what the original goal of $1000 was for??
  • salamandersauce
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by salamandersauce » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:07 am

The first $1000 is to help fund the first round of production of the initial 3 sauces
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:40 pm

What have you guys learned about Kickstarter from your previous two campaigns?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • salamandersauce
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by salamandersauce » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:40 am

We have learned a ton!
    I pulled the first campaign because I didn't realize how much time and energy is required during the campaign, it's basically a full time job. The second campaign was much smoother for several reasons, first I had a TON of help on the social media front. Second we reached out to bloggers and reviewers before we launched so we could start getting some press when we did launch. Third, we used a media/marketing agency that would take money from the back end if successful, which it wasn't. I feel that if you are going to use an agency use one that takes from the back end if it succeeds otherwise you have no guarantee that they will actually do work during the campaign. There certainly were issues working with them towards the end of the campaign mostly in that they were willing to do anything to succeed regardless of how it might affect Salamander Sauce. While I understand where they were coming from I wasn't about to ruin a reputation before I had even built it.
    While the last campaign failed to hit we still gained from it in terms of exposure and building a following. It also opened the doors for some private funding that has taken us to this point. I also learned that a never quit attitude is necessary because most campaigns won't hit and it is certainly not the end of the world if it doesn't. Take whatever you can from a campaign and apply it or utilize it in the next one!
  • Jwetherill
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Jwetherill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Looks Tasty!!