Not Sure Why We Can't Get Backers
  • jvanatta
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Not Sure Why We Can't Get Backers

by jvanatta » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:54 am

Hello,
    This is our first Kickstarter and so far we only have 1 backer for $5. I am not sure what we are doing wrong. I see other comics that get $10,000 plus in sponsored funds. We have posted free advertisements as well as paid, but we are tapped out of money to post more paid ads. If anyone has ideas that will help us be successful could you please let us know?

Our kickstarter can be found at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1471340542/staunch-assassin

Thank you in advance for your help,

Justin

• jeanetmarie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Not Sure Why We Can't Get Backers

by jeanetmarie » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Please take this as constructive criticism. First, who are you? Where's your picture? Your back story? People like to see who are they supporting. Secondly, your sketches are not finished; I understand you are trying to raise funds to finish them, but you need to give at least one example of a finished product. After all, you are competing against comics that are highly polished. Thirdly, remember to check your grammar (e.g., what's and angered, or Children in a maturnity ward, etc.) Lastly, campaigns with videos are more successful than those without one. Go back and examine the successful comic campaigns to discover what made them work. And next time start with a lower amount. I wish you all the best. Cheers.
  • jvanatta
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Not Sure Why We Can't Get Backers

by jvanatta » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Thank you very much :-)