Hi I'm Rachel, I made multimedia gift tags & greeting cards!
    Rachel410
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Hi I'm Rachel, I made multimedia gift tags & greeting cards!

by Rachel410 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 am

Hi creators,

I'm Rachel, new to the crowd funding world and this forum.

My team, TagTalk, has launched a Kickstarter campaign 3 weeks ago. I have to admit that it's so wrong that we didn't come here and learn from everyone else's experience ahead of time. But it's better to come late then never showed up!

So just a quick intro to my campaign: TagTalk - The World's First Crafted NFC Gift Tags is getting funded at http://kck.st/QlueNt. Would love to hear everyone's feedback, suggestions, and anything you'd like to share. I really really like the atmosphere here, so I'm gonna browse around learning from everyone, and hopefully to contribute my own help as well!

Thanks in advance :)

TagTalk - The world's first crafted multimedia gift tags & more! @ http://kck.st/QlueNt
  • nervouslightfilms
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Hi I'm Rachel, I made multimedia gift tags & greeting ca

by nervouslightfilms » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:09 pm

very nice
    Rachel410
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rachel410 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 am

Thank you! Can you pls share what attracted you the most and what improvements would you like to see? Are you also launching a campaign?

nervouslightfilms wrote:very nice
    TagTalk - The world's first crafted multimedia gift tags & more! @ http://kck.st/QlueNt
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 pm

I think the video is pretty easy to understand in terms of how the product works. I also like that you can send a video through the software. Have you guys considered approaching a gift company like Edible arrangements for some kind of partnership?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    Rachel410
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rachel410 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 pm

We definitely have Sal. There're no entrepreneurs who don't dream big, and we would love to connect with big gift basket or flower delivery providers one day. Right now we are looking at another 3 months to finish the tech development. That's why we wanted to use Kickstarter to test the market and build a base before reaching out to them.

But I think we missed something critical during our preparation. So I'm trying hard to make it right now, and good news is that content marketing has finally started to show results (in terms of number of followers and their engagement level). We really learned a lot from these productive failures. It would be totally different if we run into you ahead of time and I wish no one here will make the same mistake again. So I was thinking, maybe we can share some lessons-learned to Crowdcrux readers in a format of on-going campaign interview? There are a couple of things we could have improved along the journey:

1. From imaginary scenes to real video - things to do & not to do working with the cameraman
    2. Educate audience who are unfamiliar with crowd funding efficiently
    3. Scoop the data, not the numbers, of similar products or competitors

I can think more if you are interested! I'm part of an avid entrepreneur community in Waterloo, Canada. We will share the post on our blog, update, FB and Twitter, so that more people will see the greatness of crowd funding and the valuable guidance of Crowdcrux.

You can contact me via info@tagtalk.ca as well. Thanks Sal! Good day :)

sbriggman wrote:I think the video is pretty easy to understand in terms of how the product works. I also like that you can send a video through the software. Have you guys considered approaching a gift company like Edible arrangements for some kind of partnership?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Yea, I'm always open to guest posts as long as they provide useful information for readers. I'll shoot you an email.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    Rachel410
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rachel410 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Perfect Sal! Let me know what do you think of the directions we suggested and what else you think that future creators might need to know. Our email is info@tagtalk.ca. Looking forward to it!

sbriggman wrote:Yea, I'm always open to guest posts as long as they provide useful information for readers. I'll shoot you an email.