New To Kickstarter - Are there subject matter experts who...
  • GYCO
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

New To Kickstarter - Are there subject matter experts who...

by GYCO » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 am

HI all

I am producing a film with an award winning filmmaker about how rock climbing saved my life and the lives of 6 others. We created a campaign pitch video and want to set up a campaign but:

1) Don't know how or understand the nuances and how to navigate kickstarter site
    2) Don't really have the time to dedicate
    3) time is of the essence for getting film shown to the world
    4) Are there consultants, freelancers or people who specialize in setting a campaign up? if so where do I find them.

We have what appears to be an award potential film and the pitch vid is incredible so we are half way done now we need a little help to make the next piece happen.

Thoughts?

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: New To Kickstarter - Are there subject matter experts wh

by sbriggman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:23 pm

2) Don't really have the time to dedicate

If you don't have the time to dedicate, I would not expect to do well (though there is always the element of luck/serendipity). Every successful creator I have ever talked with that has raised over 5k says that running a campaign is like a part-time if not a full-time job.

Are there consultants, freelancers or people who specialize in setting a campaign up? if so where do I find them.

Yes. See my directory - http://www.directory.crowdcrux.com also: http://www.crowdcrux.com/whos-in-the-on ... community/

I do consulting, but usually limit it to Q&A, Consultations, or crafting copywriting (campaign text).

Don't know how or understand the nuances and how to navigate kickstarter site

If I were you, I would spend an hour on Kickstarter, familiarizing yourself with it and another hour reading through similar campaigns, getting a feel for what is successful/not successful, and reading articles.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • GYCO
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: New To Kickstarter - Are there subject matter experts wh

by GYCO » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Salvador. Thank you kindly for your response. Forgive me for not being more transparent. What I should have said is that I DO have time to dedicate but wanted to contract a freelancer to set up initial campaign..someone more poised and familiar with the medium (messaging, prize tiers, goal amount, cross promotional targets etc). Then of course me and my crew will manage and see it through. font styles, And that I have time for. Doing the film since last May feels like having a Part time job no doubt :)

And I have been on kickstarter studying most funded local campaigns (San Francisco) and national (Veroncica Mars, Zach Braff's campaign for starters) and tried to also study successful rock climbing campaigns, which my content is about. I have a certain feel I am not seeing in any of the campaigns in how the campaign is laid out so I am needing help with that. For example, if I saw my video alone I would want to give money but If I saw the messaging around it I would be drawn in by words that are flowery and descriptive but hey that is me. And then when I look at what the costs are for the film, for example I want that to be clear so your dealing with a piece or art (video, text) and numbers. How does one marry the two? Would I be welcomed to plug your brain and email you? Who knows what if your the guardian angel my campaign needs ;) Id also be willing to share my pitch video. Cheers
    Michael Dorame - Michael.dorame@gmail.com