Timing of Campaign and Fulfillment
  • BTRT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Timing of Campaign and Fulfillment

by BTRT » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:16 am

HI!
    We are hoping to launch a KS campaign in the new year under arts/crafts to get a studio up and going to expand our natural hand dyed products. I am really struggling with timing.

I am in a niche market and I know it well after 7 years in business within it.
    My best time to catch my folks is going to be before May (school breaks start). Any later and it is summer and then holiday time for the business, which is not a good time to add a campaign due to volume of work.
    My pocket is February/ March...

I am quitting my 20 year career to do my biz full-time and to add this new product line/ wholesale.
    But I won't be done my work until June, and Easter is crazy crazy times.
    So I am pretty much having to do February- March, the earlier the better as Easter is huge for my business as well.

And that is coming up FAST!

I can live with that, and even do it.
    But the catch is fulfillment time/ turnaround.

I need the funding to do the studio and supplies, and I need to be off work to do the creating of the rewards for fulfilling backers pledges. Which means the BEST I can hope is to send out rewards in September/ October.

Is that just too long after a late winter campaign?
    Or is it OK if I can keep backers updated with work as it unfolds?

Thoughts on these timing matters?

Lori Campbell, Dyer & Dreamer
    Campaign Launched: http://tinyurl.com/Kickin-itBTRT
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Timing of Campaign and Fulfillment

by sbriggman » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:00 am

First of all, congrats on quitting your career to go full time on your business! :D :D. I know that's scary (I have done it also lol), but it's incredibly rewarding, despite all the work.

Have you considered using a fulfillment company to help out (would depend on how many orders you are expecting)? You could also hire someone part time to help you with fulfillment, bring on an intern, or work late nights.

Well, I would specify this fact in your campaign (estimated time of delivery for rewards). Be as transparent as possible. That is a good amount of time lag, but there are ways you could get around that, it seems like it would just not be ideal with your schedule.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.