$526.00 from 22 backers, less than 24 hours launched
  • klouras
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

$526.00 from 22 backers, less than 24 hours launched

by klouras » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Hey guys, new to this forum and new to crowd-funding.

We launched our project 2 days ago and i feel we are headed in the right direction!

www.NerdCoreBrand.com or http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dev ... mes-and-ne

Less than 24 hours in we have 22 backers and $526.00 USD

Is this as good of a start as i feel it is?

I set short goals for myself which is about $280+ per day or 11 backers. and plan to keep posting the link out there until those are met daily.

Was just wondering if i could get any advice or website referrals to help get our name out there. (aside from the obvious ie; have a large following on social media etc etc)

I truly believe the work speaks for itself but then again im sure everyone thinks of their project like that.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: $526.00 from 22 backers, less than 24 hours launched

by sbriggman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Great job! Welcome to the forum/crowdfunding. Glad to see that you are willing to hustle and put in the effort. I don't have any specifics links in mind for your niche, but I would spend a good 3 hours on google, finding blogs that write for your audience or websites that cater to your audience to target as part of your marketing effort. This is also part of the research we do at the gold tier on CrowdfundingPR for creators. You can do it yourself, just need to put in the time.

I would try to raise as much as possible in the first 7 days, as many campaigns seem to exhibit a "kickstarter slump" in the middle, where it is harder to engage possible backers. Mind you, this is not true for all campaigns.

Have you engaged members on any video game/nerd related forums?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • klouras
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: $526.00 from 22 backers, less than 24 hours launched

by klouras » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Oh yeah, I've found a bunch of related instagram/Twitter accounts in which I offered give aways in return for promotion. The blog finding on Google is a good idea,will Def check that out.