Get an indy comic to a San Fran Convention!
  • Tprinces
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Get an indy comic to a San Fran Convention!

by Tprinces » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:41 am

Hello there! I'm relatively new to Kickstarter (and by that I mean this is my first kickstarter I haven't canceled). My kickstarter can be found here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/938461522/get-longitudes-and-latitudes-to-yaoi-con But here's the bare bones of why we need a little money thrown our way.

My partner and I have been doing a free online comic for three and a half years (fair warning, it's NSFW). For a while, we've relied solely on comic pre-orders and our own wallets to keep us funded. However, this upcoming convention is going to prove to be a lot more pricey than it was previously because it's once again up north.

Here's the funny thing. We've tried to get sponsors/publishers before but half of them wouldn't publish us because we portray violence, the other half won't publish us because we portray sex. Hence why we've been on our own for three years.

If you'd like to read our comic for free, here's the url: http://longitudes-latitudes.deviantart.com/

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Get an indy comic to a San Fran Convention!

by sbriggman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Welcome to the forum :). Hmm... that's difficult. What kind of readership do you have?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Tprinces
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Get an indy comic to a San Fran Convention!

by Tprinces » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Or pages average about 2-3k views per. We have about 1300 watchers on deviantART