Hello Everyone, My name is Ulysses. . .
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

Hello Everyone, My name is Ulysses. . .

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 am

. . . and I am currently running my campaign. It is an effort to get exposure for my art as well as perhaps get funded and be able to scale up my art (the originals have all been between 11x14 to 12x16) to a 16x20 archival print.

Things have been. . . interesting.

Although I trust the stats--I reached 25% at the exact mid point of my campaign-- I also don't trust them if that makes any sense. I am a realist and do not know, however powerful the Kickstarter Effect is, how I can raise over 4k in the next 6 days.

Anyway, I would have done a ton of things differently. My reward tiers are muddled and confusing. I ramble on like a 14 year old girl from Derry, New Hampshire talking about Justin Bieber and The Hunger Games series, et al. . .

But I am addicted to crowd funding. I have had minor triumphs, these past few weeks, that are lost on my friends and family--things that only fellow crowd funders can relate too. Despite reading the How To guide on Kictraq about getting your project on the Hot List, I did not understand the guide, as it used a card game analogy that was lost on me. I had to ask my cousins on Thanksgiving what it meant. I think I get it now. . . despite my ineptitude about Kicktraq, somehow my project is number three on the Hot List in my Illustration category. Also, Kicktraq tweeted about the campaign, which made me leap into the air and float up into the clouds.

Alas, non of this has translated into pledges this last week. As the final days approach I grow more fearful that I made many, many fatal errors in regards to my campaign and I have so many things to fix, that I may Fail to Fund on 12/8/13 and be forced to instantly switch to Relaunch mode.
    Does anyone know how the relaunch process works? Do you have to re-submit? How long do you recommend waiting?
    I have lurked here days before the launch and have just built up enough courage to create an account and make a post.
    Here is my project >>>>>>> http://kck.st/1dMS2DY

If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello Everyone, My name is Ulysses. . .

by VaporStarter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Ulysses, this is what I love to see... project creators passionate about their project! I applaud your project and efforts!

While there are only a few days left there is still a chance you'll get funded... I've seen some pretty amazing things in the last couple days of a project before. Have you sent a personal message to each and everyone one of your current backers thanking them and asking to help spread the word?

If your project doesn't get funded this time around, I think you'll have success with a re-launch and some adjustments to your project. As for how re-launch works... yes, you'll need to re-submit your project. There are no limits that I know of... you should be able to re-launch right away.
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Vapor,
    Thanks so much for your words! I was up until 4 last night writing an Update that lay my heart on the table. I feel bad asking the backers for more help and I thanked them and let them know that I was not giving up. I will clean the project up and launch Infinite Horizons Redux after being approved again by the admins. Great site and I am glad to have joined!
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Did you end up receiving any traffic from KickTraq?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Sbrigg
    Is there a way to see how many people have landed on my project? I just have no new pledges . I cleaned up the page maybe my rewards are too high for perceived value. I just want to give backers an archival print so they are very expensive to make. I'm am at a loss. I have to figure out what to do without offering horrible prints. I want these to last longer than most backers who get them live. Because most of my work takes a year it's like I am recording an album and the prints are records (or iTunes downloads) I did offer a screensaver download at the dollar pledge.
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Sbrigg,
    One more thing. If I wanted to start getting ready for an Infinite Horizons Remoaded campaign would I just start another project and resubmit that if I fail to fund Sunday night or press Start a Project?
  • VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by VaporStarter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:45 pm

InfiniteHorizonsUly wrote:If I wanted to start getting ready for an Infinite Horizons Remoaded campaign would I just start another project and resubmit that if I fail to fund Sunday night or press Start a Project?

That's correct.. re-launched projects are setup exactly as if they are a brand new project.
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:13 pm

If you use a Bitly or Owly link to track traffic, you could easily see where people are coming from that land on your page.
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:10 am

Sal,
    I am a HUGE novice and would not know how I would go about using those services.

I am in the middle of the relaunch (if I make it and you would even consider it, I would love to guest blog on crowdcrux about what I learned--and I promise to try to keep it brief, but feel free to edit the hell out of me if the idea has merit and happens) and would love to know how to set it up.

Anyway for a quick primer?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 pm

@infinite

How to use bitly: https://bitly.com/a/help

Bitly is free btw.

Yea, would be happy to have you as a guest blogger. 500-800 words would be good. My email is: sbriggman@crowdcrux.com

Try to draw from your own experience and highlight how you came to realize certain things or how you went about drawing conclusions as to what you need to do better or what crowdfunding in general is about.

Sal