Utility Sink install - Need opinions and thoughts from plumbers
    AmaDeY1993
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Utility Sink install - Need opinions and thoughts from plumbers

by AmaDeY1993 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:08 pm

Wanting to install a utility sink in my garage, and facing an issue where a free standing sink is not tall enough, so I either need to raise it (which will look funny) or use the existing clean out.

That made me think of 2 possible options. 1 is going with a free standing using the clean out or wall mounted unit, using the existing laundry drain pipe. I would love some thoughts and suggestions from plumbers as I'm just an average joe who loves DIY projects.

In the second image, I've drawn out 2 possibilities.

Free Standing on the Right: Using the existing Cleanout, I would extend it out so I can add a T to it, so I can add another clean out on it, and then be able to tie it into the sink. My only gripes with this are there are more pieces I would need to get just to achieve this (I believe I would also need an AAV on top of this because of the new line) and it would also look quite weird with the extended cleanout.

Wall mount on the left: I would cut off the existing P-trap on the wall, and utilize the sinks p-trap in place of it. From there, the plumbing would seem extremely straight forward, just tie-ing it from the p-trap of the sink to the wall drain. I think of the 2, the wall mounted looks much cleaner and the plumbing for it would be super easy. I also believe I wouldn't need to worry about an AAV since I would just be utilizing the existing drain, and would be dumping the laundry drain into the utility sink.

serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Utility Sink install - Need opinions and thoughts from plumbers

by serenity007 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:10 am

I would advise you to contact Plumb King to get an expert and objective assessment. I think you did everything right, but you lack experience and some of the details should be corrected to avoid problems in the future. Plumb King is the best expert choice. Today, their services are affordable and of extremely high quality when compared to amateur plumbers.
  • JessicaMarshall
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Utility Sink install - Need opinions and thoughts from plumbers

by JessicaMarshall » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:01 pm

Great job, bro. Can you attach a photo?