Project of my mom and my wife Talenrot Playing Cards
  • talenrot
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Project of my mom and my wife Talenrot Playing Cards

by talenrot » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 am

Dear All,

I want to share with you our Kickstarter journey with my mom and my wife that we have start together. Hope you will enjoy it.
    We are open for advises. Thank you in advance.

My name is Tolga. I gave the idea to my mom and wife during the covid to start a Kickstarter campaign. Cause both of them are designers additional my wife is earning her money as a professional photographer.

Begining of the pandemic was horrible for us also for the most of the people i guess. From one side you are thinking of your healthy from otherside a lot of people couldnt work in different industries.

I have two amazing womens in my life my mom and my wife. I explained them about Kickstarter and for Playing cards. The first week they sad ok we will look. But of corse they did not. :) Then i have showed them in detail and explain them how the system works. Finally they was excited but they want would to start with Tarot cards. I sad no come on i gave you the idea please design a Playing card deck and we can give the name Talenrot and its sounds like Tarot.Talenrot Playing Cards Finally they accept it.

Then they started like crazy to work. Each day they worked 7-8 hours. They asked always questions. I'm also a lucky guy my wife loves also to play video games. She is plays like crazy vanguard on ps5 during these days :) Thanks of this the characters looks like video game i wish.

First they designed the characters then the 3d pop-up art book that was the idea of my mom. God damn that takes a lot of time to prepare and fold each pop-up and stick it to the pages. Then the collectors edition box, T-Shirts all together takes more then 15 months. I sad to them please lets produce the cards in PCR cause the minimum order quantity is lower. But no they want to start with best one with Cartamundi :)

We dont had a budget for advertising and our biggest misstake was that. . We opened a Instagram account and uppload the photos we got a lot of nice feedbacks. We was only 3 weeks online before we launched our project only with 134 followers. (Chriscards74 he is also a creator he advised us to wait) But with two strong womens which worked for 15months it was impossible they want to upload to project directly. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sp ... m=talenrot

on 4th January we was online first two days we reached approx. 10.000€ but then it was like a horror movie cause the traffic on page was stoped like silent hill. Please do not understand wrong the horror movie was not cause of the low pledges it was cause of my lovely mom and my beautiful wife. Their motivation was 0 they tought we will never end the project succsessful. It takes a other 4 days to explan them "come on girls thats normal on Kickstarter first 3 days are the pledges very high and the last 3 days" Thanks of god we are now funded and now we have 15 days to go.

My suggestion to new creators. Please do not launch your project fast post your projects on social media to get some followers. If you have arround 300 project followers on your pre-launch page then if you start you can get a nice success.

From my point im proud of my mom and my wife. They did a great job. Im managing their social media accounts. So many people are texting messages from all over the world. Im really proud to be a part of this family.Also there are so many good people arround the world thats amazing. They dont know us face to face but they helped us so much its really amazing.

The only problem at the moment is the minimum order quantity of Cartamundi. We still need some backers to complete this MOQ. I would be really happy if you could check out our campaign and the campaign trailer my with maked all the edits of it hope you will like it.

Thank you for your support in advance.
    Tolga
    *If you have a plan to start a new campaign please let us know we can share with you our experience