Air conditioning died....portable air unit ?
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Air conditioning died....portable air unit ?

by charli55 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 pm

Hubby talked to2nd air guy and he found the part but he can’t make it til Thursday. He needs to check unit to make sure that’s what’s needed ( 1st company air guy said it was the motor). Once he verify it then he will I’ll order. Not sure how long it will take to get the part and air company is closed on the weekend. Looks like maybe nextweek. I asked dj how much is the motor and he was told depending on what parts are needed and could cost up to $1000. If it is that much dh is going to ask how much to change out the furnace part go see the price difference.

Patethaor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Air conditioning died....portable air unit ?

by Patethaor » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm

Do not forget that the price of services must correspond to their quality
  • soniamann
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by soniamann » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm

Hey, not all portable air conditioners are useful, especially for larger homes where a more powerful appliance is needed. I personally still prefer stationary appliances that also have a professional drain, so that condensation does not appear in the house, which is very important. Here's the last conditioner change I made at Germantown. Not all people understand what are the differences between portable and stationary air conditioners. You have to analyze very well which of these appliances is more beneficial to your home
    weynhuns
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by weynhuns » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:59 am

I am sorry for your situation. Yes, unfortunately, air conditioning systems are not cheap at all. And if you want an excellent aircon, you have to spend a lot of money on it. Also, check it out on the internet if it is reasonable to repair your old aircon, or maybe it is better to buy a new one. There are many websites where you can buy yourself new heating contractors, at a reasonable price. Check it out by yourself.