I'm spending close to 90k for wedding
    Emad785
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

I'm spending close to 90k for wedding

by Emad785 » Sun May 30, 2021 7:12 pm

I can see weddings are a hot topic in Malaysia especially how wasteful they are. Below is the break down of my wedding.

tea ceremony
    to be held in another location (4k). I don't wanna do it at my house with all the cleaning, food, parking, etc.

Dinner reception
    Total tables 50 at 1000 each because my venue has two halls. one can fit 24 and the other 50 and above, no matter how much we tried to cut the list the parents simply won't allow it. so we ended up with 50 tables.

videographers and photographers
    are a must because you would want to keep it as memories. mine 7k for both on event day because they are the best in the city. I attended on that cost 2k and the photos turned out badly the bride was upset

Decoration
    I am paying 18k for my deco because of the said 50 tablr Hall. skimping it would look absolutely horrendous.

my suit and tux
    4k a set because I have seen what rental suits look like on a person who's too small or too fat.

all in all I am happy with the budget because I have been saving up for thr longest time and I always knew my wedding to turn out the way I want.

also we are inviting my fiancé's directors and managers plus my dad's friends who are higher ups. it is headed by her father, who knows most of the department's leaders.

I can help any of your questions.

• MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I'm spending close to 90k for wedding

by MrOsborne » Sun May 30, 2021 7:34 pm

I spent about 40 thousand dollars on my wedding. It was just right, but I was left without money.
  • TomSands
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by TomSands » Sun May 30, 2021 7:36 pm

This is a massive cost for a wedding. Even a dream wedding can be arranged for less money. I can certainly be wrong, but personally, I would be sorry to spend 90 thousand dollars on a marriage. My wife and I generally did a modest ceremony. We just arranged an elope. We didn't have the money for a big wedding, so we decided to elope. Company https://www.elopetogatlinburg.com helped us in this. Just on the site, there are packages to choose from, including the venue of the ceremony and photographers. We never regretted our choice and were very happy.
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:31 pm

TomSands wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:36 pm This is a massive cost for a wedding. Even a dream wedding can be arranged for less money. I can certainly be wrong, but personally, I would be sorry to spend 90 thousand dollars on a marriage. My wife and I generally did a modest ceremony. We just arranged an elope. We didn't have the money for a big wedding, so we decided to elope. Company https://www.elopetogatlinburg.com helped us in this. Just on the site, there are packages to choose from, including the venue of the ceremony and photographers. We never regretted our choice and were very happy.
    this is a great option, especially when there is no big money for a wedding.
  • aidkarau
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by aidkarau » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:40 am

Only after setting the wedding date do you begin to understand why the institution of marriage has become just a variable option for modern couples. Troubles, new responsibilities, and many expenses are justified only "because everyone does that." Is one day of luxury and joy explained for years to come when you can't get it done with the bank rates? I think if you have money that you have nothing to do with them, yes, it's worth having a big wedding, but if not, better a small one, there's some wedding lighting, and you're done XD.
    Marigioshi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Marigioshi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Wooow
  • WilikLimbs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by WilikLimbs » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Proper wedding organization is the key to success and minimizing discomfort. About the correct organization of the event and is willing to share recipes with all its visitors. The first ones I need to buy are my costumes, and it is already taken from https://www.gentlemansguru.com/product- ... r/tuxedos/ and for the bride, we are still looking for a little hard to find that it is not to her taste XD . Look at the main preparation periods and to-do lists.
    Xanxan
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Xanxan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:45 am

I am not obsessed with money and time, that's why I didn't wear a watch at my wedding. I think there are other much more important things on that day. For example, the suit or your haircut, the perfume you are wearing. No time to think about the watch. Before planning my look for the event, I was looking for some ideas and found amazing wedding inspiration on cixada.co.uk. They have examples of amazing wedding venues, music suggestions, and so on. These are the main things to take into consideration for your wedding!